A Hard Days Night

Season 1 Episode 1

Season 1 Episode 1

"Come on hun, we have to get going or mom's going to be late for her first day of work." She pokes the little girls nose making her scrunch up her face adorably. "And you'll be late for your first day of school. Kindergartens a big day."

The little girl giggles and then pauses, looking a little nervous. "I thought uncle Derek was coming with us. He promised a treat."

Margo lowers herself to the little girls height by getting onto her knees and comfortingly places her hands onto her shoulders. "Don't be nervous, my love. All the other kids at school are going to love you. You're going to make so many friends and have so much fun."

"You didn't answer my question, mommy." The little girl slightly pouts.

Margo chuckles and gently caresses her cheek. "Nothing gets past you does it?" When the little girl only waits for her to continue she sighs with a soft smile. "You know your uncle Derek... He wouldn't miss this day for the world. I bet he was on his way here but-"

"But he had to save someone's life!" The little girl gasps with wide eyes full of excitement. "Because uncle Derek's a super hero!"

Margo's smile widens at the pure admiration in the little girls eyes. She sure loved her uncle Derek. "Yes, I'm sure of it."

Aurora taps her chin looking like she was in deep thought. "Hmm, fine. But he has to give me a treat later."

"I will make sure of it." Margo chuckles, she stands to her feet and holds her hand out for the little girl to take, once she does Margo nods her head toward the door. "Now let's get going. School awaits."

And as both of them walk out of the door, Margo glances at the picture frame of four adults and a newborn baby. Three males looking absolutely stoked with their mouths wide open as if they had been shouting and a very tired but happy woman smiling down at her new born baby. All four adults looking nothing but excited for the future. "Wish me luck." Margo whispers as she closes the door.

Margo tries to take everything in as she clips her name badge to her lab coat. She had toured Seattle Grace Hospital to get a lay of the land a week or so prior but it now felt so surreal.

"Margo!"

Turning around, a smile slowly grows on her face. "Derek." She shakes her head. "A certain four year old is now expecting double the treats the next time she sees you."

"I'm so sorry." He shakes his head. "It-its a long story."

"No worries." She assures placing a gentle hand on his arm as he catches his breath from running over toward her. "According to Aurora it's fine because you were on your way when you needed to stop and save a life."