It's The End Of The World

Season 2 Episode 16

Season 2 Episode 16

It had been a few weeks since the last time she had picked up Marks calls. For Derek's sake, she was scared that if Mark figured out where they were he would follow through on his comments of selling the practice and coming to them.

Today especially though she was sure to avoid him. She didn't know if it was due to guilt or because she was wrapped up in her own grief.

Today marked three years since she had lost her husband.

With today being the anniversary date, that meant that Mark was calling nearly every hour to check up on her.

"Oh hey, Derek?" Margo tensely smiles as she welcomes him into her home. "What're you doing here so early, we haven't gotten to do this since Addisons come back."

"I missed Rory." He shrugs nonchalantly as he kisses said little girl on the forehead.

"Hi, uncle Derek." Aurora greets with her mouth full of chewed up waffles.

"Swallow your food, hun." Margo grimaces and then retreats to the living room to pick up some loose items her daughter had left scattered on the ground.

Derek enters and crosses his arms, leaning against the door frame. "Margo... are you sure you should be coming to work today? I think Richard would understand if you needed the day off."

"You don't have to baby me, Derek." She huffs, a bit moodier than usual. "With Bailey out on early maternity leave and the interns running every resident replacement off we need all attendings there."

Her phone rings and she immediately takes it out of her pocket and hits decline.

"The hospital will run fine if you're gone for one day." He tries to assure her but she continues tidying the house up.

"It's been three years, Derek." She sighs. "Life has to continue on and Aurora is getting old enough to start to understand what's going on and I don't want to have to explain to her how or that her father died."

Her phone rings again and she declines.

"Who keeps blowing up your phone?" Derek questions in confusion.

Margo pauses thinking of excuses to tell the man that's like a brother to her. "Um- just telemarketers."

"Funny. The last time I said that it was actually my wife." He jokes but she doesn't smile, just staring at her ring finger.