Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head

Season 2 Episode 1

Season 2 Episode 1

Margo enters the bar across the street looking for Meredith who she felt so terribly for after that confrontation. Truth be told, she'd do anything to get Addisons words out of her mind.

She walks toward the counter where she had just seen the woman downing two shots. "Meredith?"

Meredith looks at her for about five seconds before taking another. "Another three Joe!" She calls.

Margo frowns, she can't imagine how she must be feeling. She takes a seat on the stool beside her. "I'm sorry Meredith."

"When I first met you I thought I was the dirty mistress. I ran from you for weeks." Meredith laughs but there's no real humor in her tone. "I was so relieved when he told me you're his sister in law. But turns out I'm still a dirty mistress and mc dreamy has a mcwife."

"I wanted him to tell you." Margo sighs guiltily.

"Why didn't you?" Meredith questions, a small crack in her voice.

"He's my family Meredith." Margo holds her hand up to stop the other from interrupting her. "We've been through hell together and even though I know you're going to hate hearing this, please hear him out. I'm not saying you have to forgive him or stay with him but hear him out."

"Where is his brother?" Meredith questions with slightly narrowed eyes. "He only mentioned he had a brother when he explained your relation."

"He didn't tell you?" Margo questions, shocked.

"He doesn't tell me a lot of thing, apparently." The woman slightly slurs, the alcohol starting to kick in.

"Meredith..." Margo bites her lip in indecisiveness. While it should be something Derek tells her, after everything she figures it would be best to just tell her the truth. "My husband... Derek's brother passed away almost three years ago now."

Meredith stares at the woman with wide speechless eyes.

"He died in a car accident." Margo states while staring down at her wedding ring. "Aurora was almost two at the time and we had gone out to dinner. It was the first time since she was born that either of us went anywhere with out her. On our way back a drunk driver hit us. We fell into a pretty steep ditch, unseeable to cars passing by. My husband... he was dead on impact."

Meredith slides a shot over to the woman as she wipes a tear from her cheek. "It took until the early hours of the morning until a jogger had passed and called 911. I was awake the whole time. Calling out to him, screaming at him to wake up, crying for help. I was forced to stare into his open dead eyes for seven hours. I prayed for my body to just shut down, to just knock me out. It wasn't until the paramedics and fire fighters finally got me to the hospital that they sedated me and I was so exhausted I slept for three days straight."