If Tomorrow Never Comes

Season 1 Episode 6

Season 1 Episode 6

"I have to tell you something." Derek admits as he stood beside Margo at the counter. She only spares him a glance before looking down at her papers again. "Oh? Good morning to you too."

"The reason I didn't make it to Auroras first day of school is because I slept with Meredith Grey." He closes his eyes in anticipation of her scolding.

Margo snaps her binder shut and gapes at him. "I knew it!"

His eyes snap back open. "What do you mean you knew it?"

She chuckles. "Oh please, you couldn't be more obvious. You were a nervous wreck everytime I brought her up and she freaked out when she first heard my last name."

He winces. "She thought that we were married and that Aurora was my daughter and that she was my mistress."

Margo throws her head back in laughter. "That poor girl. No wonder she looked so scared of me for weeks."

"Are you serious about her?" She questions him with kind eyes.

He nods looking down to the floor. "I am."

She squeezes his bicep in a comforting manner. "You deserve happiness after everything that's happened... But-"

"I knew there'd be a but." He groans.

"But you need to tell her about Addison." She whispers the name quietly. "It'll catch up with you eventually if you don't and it won't be pretty."

"Do not say her name." He murmurs. Margo closes her mouth knowing he wasn't going to see any sense right now. "Okay, okay... but you know I'm right."

"I also told you because..." He winces. "Bailey caught us doing the deed in the car yesterday."

Margo slaps her hand to her mouth. "Derek!"

"Go put your backpack away, hun." Margo gently pushes the little girl toward her room, smiling fondly as her little legs speed up the stairs.

"Margo! Margo you're missing it!" She hears him shriek. The water running down her face makes it a little harder to hear.

"Missing what?" Margo shouts back.

"She's walking! She's walking Margo!"