The First Cut Is The Deepest

Season 1 Episode 2

Season 1 Episode 2

Margo screws the top of the cap onto the syrup and tops the waffle off with one large strawberry. "A very special breakfast for a very special lady."

Aurora claps in excitement. "Waffles are my favorite, momma! How'd you know?"

Margo pretends to think before gasping. "The fairy god mother visited me in my dreams last night and told me you were dreaming of warm, fluffy, waffles."

Aurora slightly pouts. "She didn't visit me."

"She was busy granting your wish for waffles, hun!" Margo laughs as a shy smile appears on the girls face. "Now eat up, we have about twenty minutes before we head out for another day of school and work!"

The door opens up behind Margo and she spins around in surprise. "Derek! I didn't know you were coming this morning." She grins as Aurora squeals and hops off of her chair to tackle the man in a hug.

He beams as he catches her and throws her into the air. "I've missed you so much, Rory!"

"Uncle Derek!" She giggles in pure happiness, the kind that only a child could possess. "You saw me this many days ago, silly!" She exclaims as she holds up three fingers.

"That's too many fingers for me, Rory." Derek enthusiastically responds as he takes a seat on the stool and holds her in his lap as she resumes her meal.

"So what brings you here so early?" Margo smiles as she hands him his favorite Muesli bar from the cabinet.

"I had some free time to spare and figured I'd take my two favorite girls to work and school today." He tells them both.

"That's very nice of you Derek you didn't have to do that." She shakes her head.

"Yes he does, momma." The little girl disagrees. She slowly turns toward the man behind her. "Where's my treat uncle Derek?"

"Hmm?" Derek mocks confusion. "A treat? What treat? You have a treat for me?"

The little girl gasps. "You promised me a treat!"

The man in question hums again digging in his pockets. "Is this good?" He pulls out a Hershey's bar and the little girls eyes light up.

"Okay you two, we need to get going. Go put your treat away for after school, hun."

"After school?" The little girl groans.