Who's Zoomin' Who?

Season 1 Episode 9

Season 1 Episode 9

"Do you know what this is about?" Margo questions the neurosurgeon next to her as all of the doctors and interns gather together for a meeting the chief had called.

"No clue." He shakes his head.

Webber clears his throat and waits for everyone to quiet down before speaking, looking albeit a little uncomfortable. "Three interns, four residents and six nurses on this surgical floor have been diagnosed with...syphilis."

Everyone breaks out in gasps and giggles but Margo looks toward her dearest friend worriedly. "Derek, have you been tested?"

Derek has to do a double take before harshly whispering to the woman. "I do not have syphilis!"

"But you're sleeping with an intern." She points out. "It's better to be safe then sorry."

He subtly glances over to said intern looking a bit more pale. "You don't think..."

Margo shrugs. "She seems like a very nice girl but I would prefer for you to be safe."

"There are over 70,000 new cases every year." They over hear the chiefs assistant say to the crowd.

Margo leans toward Derek's ear again. "Seventy thousand." She whispers. He shakes his head at her. "You're evil."

"Undiagnosed, syphilis can lead to blindness, insanity and death. If you are having unprotected sex with another member of the staff, get tested. This is not a request." Richard sternly tells the group, rolling his eyes as a majority laughs. Patricia will now give you a safe-sex demonstration."

"Watch." Margo mouths to the neuro man. He chuckles under his breath and lightly shoves her shoulder. "I gotta go."

Margo looks to him in disapproval. "Get tested. Also, are you still bringing Meredith over for dinner tonight? Aurora is very excited to meet uncle Derek's new girlfriend."

"Yes and yes ma'am."

Meredith enters the lobby where Margo and Derek are waiting. "Are you sure you want me to come to dinner? Seems like a family thing." Meredith sheepishly questions. A family thing, something she knew nothing about. She was incredibly nervous about officially meeting Margo and Aurora outside of work, she knew how much they meant to Derek.

"If you're with Derek then you are family." Margo assures with a sweet smile. "Plus, if I don't come home with you and uncle Derek over here I will never hear the end of it."

The couple laughs at her comment as Derek helps Meredith put her jacket on. "It'll be fun and relaxing. Some nice steak, some wine."

"This is why I keep you around." Meredith jokes making Margo laugh at the look on her brothers face, however her face falls as she glances behind him. "Derek!" She doesn't take her eyes off of the red headed woman strutting their way.