Make Me Lose Control

Season 2 Episode 3

Season 2 Episode 3

Derek and Margo enter the elevator in a comfortable silence. Right before the doors close the chief slides in wearing a very noticeable fedora on his head.

"Nice hat." Derek chuckles.

"Shut up." Both Margo and Richard speak at the same time.

"What are you doing here?" Derek questions the man.

Ah, yes. Margo had been told after the fact that the chief had surgery and for plenty of hours later she had been overwhelming the man with all of her mother hen ways.

"I'm going back to work."

Derek shakes his head. "You're not cleared for surgery."

Said man grunts. "Leave me alone. I've been sitting home for a week watching Oprah giving away things on TV. Oprah, Derek! ... You clear me now or I'll hurt you. Margo tell him to clear me!"

"Sorry, Richard. I'm not a brain surgeon. I wouldn't want you to be cleared negligently." She worries.

"If you want me to clear you so soon, maybe you should've thought about that before you gave chief to Burke and invited Satan to Seattle." Derek taunts, loving the authority he held right now.

The Elevator opens and Addison enters. Margo lowly sighs and keeps her eyes on the ground. "Good morning. Richard, like the hat."

"Satan speaks." Derek groans.

"Actually I prefer to be called ruler of all that is evil. But I will answer to Satan." She snarks to the man.

Derek turns to Richard furiously. "What is she still doing here?"

"I asked her to stay. We have a pediatric surgery attending on maternity leave."

Now it's Margo's turn to be furious. "That is my department. I would have notified you if I thought we needed extra help."

"You're also the co-head of Cardio Margo. It could never hurt to have some extra help." He looks genuinely apologetic.

"Actually I could use you on a consult. Will you ah meet me up there Derek?" Addison questions hopefully.

"Fine." Said man dismisses. "I'm not clearing you for surgery."

"Fine, I can catch up on my paperwork." Richard glares and leaves the elevator knowing he had just lost the battle.

"How are you doing Derek?" Margo worriedly questions once the doors close. "We haven't had the chance to actually talk since Addisons arrival."

"Merediths not speaking to me and Addison won't stop speaking to me." He sighs, tiredly rubbing his eyes.

Margo rubs a hand on his back in hope of comforting him. "Don't worry too much, everything will blow over eventually."

"My girlfriend and my wife. Who would've thought?"