What Have I Done To Deserve This

Season 2 Episode 19

Season 2 Episode 19

Margo rushes into the exam room in the emergency room after being emergency paged and sees Izzie looking upset as soon as she enters. "What do we have, Steven's?"

"It's Denny." Izzie says under her breath just loud enough for Margo to hear it and Alex speaks up. "Transplant dude. Transplant candidate. Acute dysrhythmia and CHF. Vitals all over the place."

Margo holds her stethoscope up against his chest holding her hand up for the interns to quiet. "His heart rhythm is a mess."

"He's in heart failure." Alex states.

Izzie's face became a little too panicked for Margo's liking. "Bizoprolo can reduce the chance of mortality. Can we try that? What about ACE inhibitors? Digoxin! Somebody load him with dig!"

Margo's eyes narrow at the order. "Stevens slow down. He's holding on. Barely but he's holding on. I am also the cardio attending on this case, please step back."

"Isn't there something more that we can do? There has to be something more we can do." She ignored the attending.

"The best we can do is to get him up to CICU and wait and see if his heart will stabilize." Margo tells the two interns but her eyes still hadn't left the blonde.

Alex grabs her forearm and gestures toward the door. "Izzie, we should...we should go."

Izzie pushes his hand off of her arm and shakes her head adamantly. "No you go um I'm gonna stay."

"Steven's, out now." Margo sternly states pointing toward the door. Alex's eyes widen in surprise at the tone he's never heard come from her mouth, and Izzie opens her mouth to argue. "Don't even argue with me I have a tiny child and you won't win. Go. Now."

Izzie storms out with Alex following closely behind and Margo looks down at Denny with a sigh. "You're going to cause me problems aren't you?"

"I think Steven's has become too personally involved with my patient." Margo sighs as she leans her head in her palm, sitting at the cafeteria table next to Derek.

"Meredith gave me her dog." Derek gloomily states staring down at his apple.

"A dog?" Margo exclaims in disbelief. "A living, breathing creature dog?"

"Yup." He pops the p with a slight attitude.

"You and Addison are raising Meredith's dog?" Margo raises her eyebrow. "You three weird me out sometimes."

Derek scoffs. "It's not weird."

"It's weird, Derek." Margo giggles but coughs into her hand when he deadpans at her.

"When am I going to see my niece?" He complains instead of giving her a response. She lightly shoves his shoulder. "She's a busy lady. School, homework, eat, and then sleep."