As We Know It

Season 2 Episode 17

Season 2 Episode 17

Dylan is now slowly strapping a flak jacket up to Meredith. He is wearing one himself. Cristina is already wearing a flak jacket and still squeezing the ambu bag. "You realize how stupid that was." The man questions Meredith."

"It was Mer. Incredibly stupid!" Cristina whisper-shouts.

Meredith turns to Cristina. "Ok you know when you don't need to be made fun of? Like when you've got your hand inside a body that's got a bomb in it and a stranger is Velcro-ing a flak jacket to your boobs."

"Ok." Cristina backs off but Margo can't help the small smile coming onto her face thinking of who those two remind her of.

"Just give it to me, Mark!" Derek glares as he holds his hands out.

Mark takes a step back and pulls the bundle closer to his chest. "I had it first Derek."

"That's my daughter! She is not an it!" Margo growls at the two as her husband laughs from next to her.

"It's my god daughter and niece, hand her over Mark." Derek attempts to grab the new born from his arms but Mark is having none of it.

"I have a literal baby that might actually break if you try yanking her from my arms again, Derek!" Mark barks.

Margo takes a deep breath realizing now wasn't the time for reminiscing. "Time for you to go, Cristina."

"No, I'm staying."

"There's nothing more you can do here. We've got it covered. Cristina, this is not another clueless surgery. You can not be in here." Margo urges. The woman looks toward Meredith who nods her head. Cristina looks toward the attending and back toward the body again before smushing her in a hug.

Everyone's eyes in the OR widen. "Um, Dr. Yang?"

"Don't die okay? I can't believe you've been in front of my eyes all this time and I'm just now realizing it when you're going to die." The woman whispers, sounding like she's day dreaming.

Dylan snorts and Margo awkwardly pats her back. "Thanks for the confidence, Yang. Now get out."

Meredith looks toward Dylan: "So you have a plan right? You have a way to get me out of this right?"

Dylan stares at her in contemplation. I'm attempt to distract herself Meredith looks to Margo. "Is this the strangest thing that's ever happened in your OR?"

Now it's Margo's turn to snort. "Nothing that could top this."

"Good, cause I'm very competitive." She breathlessly laughs.

"All the best surgeons are, Grey. I have a feeling you'll be one of the best." Margo winks.

Another member of the bomb squad comes into the room and whispers something in Dylan's ear before leaving. "The main oxygen line runs directly under this room." Dylan informs Margo.