Yesterday

Season 2 Episode 18

Season 2 Episode 18

Margo stands in Jake Burtons room where he lays in the hospital bed. She's on the case as a pediatric surgeon but he has bony structures in his face making it look extremely swollen. Derek, Bailey, and her Interns all stand around his bed. "Burton. 15. Has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia. Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches." Cristina robotically reports.

"Jake, can I get you to sit up please?" Derek politely questions so that he can exam him, Jake nods and slowly sits up.

Noticing that Cristina looks a little uncomfortable when Jake glances to her he says, "You know you could pretend I'm a lion. It helps. You could pretend I'm a lion and then instead of a really messed up kid you get a talking circus animal which is way easier to look at."

Both Derek and Margo glance to each other in amusement and chuckle. "Dr. Yang what's our immediate concern?"

"That the bony tumors are growing inward and encroaching on his brain." She responds.

Margo stands a little way aside Meredith in a comfortable silence at the nurses station reading through charts when a tall broad man approaches.

"Invasive non-cell. With a history of COPD. That guy's pretty much a goner, huh?" The man says in amusement.

Margo's eyes widen astronomically as she slowly turns her head but he doesn't seem to notice.

"Sensitivity. I like that in a stranger. Are you new here?" Meredith amusedly questions.

"Visiting. Confounded by all the rain and it's only my first day in town." He smirks down at the woman.

"You get used to it."

Meredith moves a few steps away closer to Margo and he follows. "Makes me wanna stay in bed all day."

"We just met and already you're talking about bed. Not very subtle." Meredith pointedly states.

"Subtle has never been my strong suit. So ... do you ever go out with co-workers?" He questions but his flirtatious smirk immediately falls as he finally notices Margo standing a few feet away with a hand on her hip and an unimpressed stare pointed toward him. "Margo... Funny seeing you here." He nervously chuckles.

He takes a step forward to properly greet here when he's hit so hard in the face he flies to the floor. He grunts in pain and Margo yelps in surprise. "Derek!"

Meredith who's also stunned looks toward Derek. "What the hell was that?"

"That was Mark." He states before stomping away to find the chief.

Margo hesitantly stops beside his crumpled form with an amused smile. "Why, hello there Mark. I agree, very funny seeing you here."

"Hi, Angel." He groans.