𝑬𝑳𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵

"good morning sweetheart." matt smiles softly down at scar who just woke up. "hi baby." she stretches. "how'd you sleep?" matt asks. "I slept fine." scar shrugs. "I'm really hungry tho." scar groans. "let's get you some food, huh?" matt asks and scar nods. "we've got nowhere to be in our new house." matt smiles. "yeah." scar smiles before she slightly winches.

"what?" matt asks. "nothing, nothing." scar sits up and matt helps her up from the bed. they head to the kitchen and scar sits on the stool as matt makes breakfast. "what are the plans for today?" scar asks. "literally nothing. we can enjoy the time just us two." matt shrugs and scar nods.

out of nowhere, scar grips onto the table slightly and winches. "what's wrong?" matt drops everything and turns around. "n- nothing. it— hurts." scar winches. "what hurts?" matt asks. "it's gone. what the hell." scar mumbles. "can I have my phone, please? fast." scar says and matt runs upstairs and quickly returns with her phone.

"time to call mom." she dials mary lou's number and holds the phone to her ear. "why?" matt asks. "hi mom." scar says. "I have a question." she says. "how do I know when I'm having a contraction?" scar asks before she puts on speaker. "you're having contractions?" mary lou exclaims. "I don't know." scar says.

"if you have to wonder if you're having contractions or not, you're having contractions." mary lou says simply. "what do we do?" scar asks. "you have to time them. when did you have your first contraction?" mary lou asks. "like— 10 minutes ago." scar says.

"oh you're closer then I thought. if it's 5 minutes between each contraction, you have to go to the hospital." mary lou says and scar nods even though she can't see. "okay, thanks mom." scar smiles. "of course." mary lou says before hanging up. "so 11 minutes ago I—" scar cuts herself off by winching. "fucking hell." she mumbles.

"time it." she says. after a couple of minutes, scarlett had another contraction. "baby that was 7 minutes, you're way closer then I thought." matt says. "mom said that too." she says and matt nods. "we have to go." matt says. "no wait until it hits 5. maybe it's a false alarm." scar says.

they just sit there, waiting for scar to have another contraction, which didn't take long. they timed as it counted down. six minutes, five minutes. "yeah we have to go." matt says after it was four minutes. scar agrees and hurries outside. "are the bags in the trunk?" matt asks and scar nods. "since last tuesday." scar nods and matt nods.

"yeah she's pregnant and she's gonna give birth any second now." matt says at the front. "okay. a nurse will be with you in a second." the lady says and matt nods. indeed, a nurse arrives and takes them to a room. "you're gonna change in this and then I'll check out how dilated you are." the nurse says and scar nods and changes in the gown in the bathroom.

"you're dilated 9 centimetres, and your contractions are coming every 2 minutes. I think it's time." the nurse says and scar groans because she was having another contraction. "matt! hand!" she exclaims and matt grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"you can do it I know you can"

(not gonna add any details cuz like idk what happens)

scar deeply sighs as she gets her daughter handed in her arms. "awh look at her." she pants. "she's so cute." matt smiles. "congratulations, you guys are parents." the lady smiles. "it's so relaxing to finally get to see a face on the name." scar says and matt nods. "little aurora." matt smiles. "rory." scar smiles, relieved that it's over.