𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

(10 year time skip)

"oh my god oh my god!" aurora jumps out of the couch. "what?" scar asks. "ryan just texted me!" she squeals. "ryan?" matt asks. "who's ryan?" he asks. "only the hottest boy in school!" she runs upstairs and into her room.

"a boy?" matt asks defensively. "chill. she's a teenager, this is normal." scar stifles a chuckle. "yes but what if he's not good to her?" matt asks. "baby he only texted that doesn't mean anything." scar smiles, turning over in the couch.

"still." matt mumbles. "mom!" aurora yells from her room. "duty calls. I'll be right back." scar smiles before she presses a kiss against matt's lips. scar goes upstairs and matt is left on the couch with rocky and jj.

"what's up?" scar asks, opening the door. "come sit." aurora pats an empty place in her bed. scar stifles a laugh and sits where aurora pat. "what's up?" she repeats. "please help. you're cool, you're not single and you're happy with dad. how do I reply to this?" aurora gives scar her phone.

"hey. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to hang out sometime." scar reads from aurora's phone. "do you like this guy?" scar asks. "duh! didn't you hear me? he's the hottest boy in school!" aurora says.

"okay, okay. what about— oh I know!" scar starts typing and when she's done she gives aurora her phone back. "yeah I'd be down. text me when and where." aurora reads out loud. "see this is exactly why I brought you here. thank you mom." aurora smiles after she sends the text.

"oh my god he's typing!" aurora says and she throws her phone on her bed. "I'm too scared to look." she squeezes her eyes closed. scar grabs her phone and reads the text. "I'm free today." she reads out loud.

"today?!" aurora exclaims. "I know what to answer." scar starts typing and before sending it, she hands the phone to aurora.

"you can come over at 2 if you want." aurora reads out loud. "yes, perfect." she sends the message and he immediately reads it.

"I'll be there. anything I have to bring?" aurora reads out loud. "tell him chocolates for my mom." scar stifles a laugh and aurora shakes her head. "don't worry about that, everything's fixed." aurora reads along as she types it.

"and— send." she sends it and shuts off her phone and puts it screen down. seconds later, the message tone rings. "you look." she says. scar grabs her phone and reads the text.

"got it. see you later." scar reads and aurora squeals. "rory 2 is in an hour and your rooms a mess." scar looks around aurora's room.

"okay I'll clean it. thanks mom." she smiles and scar smiles back. "anytime." scar smiles before she shuts the door.

she walks downstairs and knows she's gonna have to convince matt it's okay.

"so?" matt asks. "he's coming over in an hour and she's cleaning her room now." scar says. "he's coming over?!" matt asks and scar nods. "yeah..." scar says. "what is she cleaning her room for?!" matt asks. "sweetie chill. she's cleaning her room to chill with him." scar says.

"I don't like him." matt scrunches his nose. "oh don't be all protective dad. she's a teen, I was like this too." scar says. "I guess. but still I'm gonna watch his every move." matt says and scar chuckles.

*knock* *knock* "there he is. matt, please, take it easy on him. he's also just a teenager." scar says. "rory!" scar shouts up the stairs. "coming!" she stumbles downstairs and scar giggles.

"go open it. matt and I will be on the couch with jj and rocky." scar pats aurora's shoulder and she nods and smiles.

she heads for the door and scar goes to sit on the couch next to matt. jj was on the floor playing with his cars and rocky was asleep in his dog bed.