(one-shot!)there's a dragon in the house!

A thirteen year old boy named y/n Tennyson, taken in by his aunt kobayashi, must also learn to live with magical creatures known as dragons... Only for this dragon to be madly in love with his aunt?

——————————————————

Waking up rather early in the morning, y/n jumps out of his bed, and sneaks out of his room, and into the main room of the two bedroom apartment that he and his aunt kobayashi shared.

Three years ago, y/n had moved in with her after his parents seemingly disappeared, with no trace of them left behind. Y/n has been trying to find them ever since then. How you may ask?

The Omnitrix. A device that y/n had found in the same year that his parents disappeared. It allowed him to transform into odd creatures that he eventually learned were aliens.

Y/n's grandfather, max, thought that kobayashi, despite living in Japan, would be the best fit to keep y/n safe, despite the opposite being true.

Last night, kobayashi and her best friend/coworker went out and thought it would be fun to drink the night away. Meaning she came back drunk...

Y/n knew she'd wake up with a hangover, so he went into the kitchen, and prepared a quick breakfast for his aunt, as well as coffee. Eventually, the pink haired woman stepped out of her bedroom, and walked into the kitchen, looking at what y/n prepared.

Kobayashi: "as always kid, you come to my rescue.."

Y/n: "it's no problem auntie! Just trying to help is all.."

As they finished the food, kobayashi finished preparing for work, while y/n cleaned the dishes.

Kobayashi: "y/n! I'm heading out! Be safe, alright?"

Y/n: "yes ma'am!"

Kobayashi: "oh, and lock the door behind me, would ya?"

Y/n: "on it!"

Y/n set down the dishes, and rushed over to the door, as kobayashi opened it, revealing not the open blue sky... No. Instead, it revealed a giant green reptilian figure was seen staring at the two.

The beast let out a breath, blowing wind into the apartment, as kobayashi and y/n could only watch in fear.

Y/n: "dragons... Never could've thought they'd be real... But then again. I have an alien watch stuck to my wrist... But that's science... This.. this just seems like magic"

A red glyph formed at the mouth of the dragon, as its body was covered in energy, when suddenly, it shrunk, and formed into a new form before their very eyes. The form was of a young girl, who was a little uhhh... Extra big in a certain place. She also donned a maid-like outfit, and still possessed the horns and tail of her dragon form.

Dragon girl: "tada!"

This girl is named tohru, a dragon. And apparently, now a maid.

Tohru: "Good morning, Miss Kobayashi!"

Y/n: "am I dreaming..? Am I still asleep...?"

Kobayashi: "Good morning"

Tohru: "Would it be all right to come in?"

Kobayashi: "Oh, sure, come inside"

Y/n was too busy trying to find out if he was awake or asleep, and didn't realize that kobayashi.. his aunt.. invite a DRAGON INTO THE APARTMENT.

next thing he knew, y/n sat next to kobayashi, and across from tohru.

Kobayashi: "So we met yesterday,
and I offered to let you stay here? Uh, Tohru-san? That's what I said?"

Tohru: "Yes!"

Y/n: "what the heck is happening.."

Y/n cleared his throat, trying to figure it all out.

Y/n: "excuse me.. tohru.. right? Where exactly did you meet my auntie anyway?"

Tohru: "the mountains!"

Y/n: "the huh-"

Tohru: "we met in the mountains!"

Kobayashi: "the mountains..?"

Kobayashi seemingly looks off into space, when a sudden hit of realization hit y/n.

Y/n: "is that why you were home so late!?"

Kobayashi: "thinking back to last night.. that... May be the reason..."

Tohru: "I'll never forget those kind words!"

Tohru then leans over the table, her face full of sparkles in excitement.

Tohru: "please allow me to start working here as your maid!"

Kobayashi: "you can't"

Tohru: "Huh?"

Y/n: "eh?"

Kobayashi: I don't know if you're a dragon or whatever, but I'm not planning on hiring anyone"

Tohru: "I-I wouldn't need any pay!"

Kobayashi: "No, that's not the problem.."

Tohru: "I can be useful! I can turn this entire area into a sea of fire, or curse people to death!"

Kobayashi: "No, no, no!"

Y/n: "you can do what now!?!"

Kobayashi: "Though, why a maid?"

Y/n: "nuh-uh! We are not glossing over what she just said!"

Tohru: "Because you said a maid would be best!"

Y/n: "eehhhhh?!"

Kobayashi: "I did? Oh, right.. I'm sorry I made a promise I can't keep. But I hope you'll understand.. I can't change the impossible"

Tohru looked as if she was going to cry, looking down, letting her hair cover her face from the two. Y/n actually felt a little guilty.

Tohru: "It's absolutely impossible?"

Kobayashi: "Yeah, I'm sorry"

Tohru: "Understood. My apologies as well, for dropping in so suddenly"

Tohru, putting on a fake smile, stood up in her seat, and walked away. Y/n and kobayashi watched her leave, as only the older noticed the tears in the dragons eyes.

Y/n then taps Kobayashi's shoulder, pointing up at the clock on the wall. Kobayashi stands up from her seat in a panic.

Kobayashi: "I'm late?!?"

Kobayashi turned to y/n for help, but he held up his arm, with the Omnitrix, showing the usually white faceplate a bright red. Kobayashi sighed, but then realized… she turned around, and chased after tohru.

Y/n chuckled, and peeled off the red cover of the Omnitrix, showing that it was in fact, not in recharge mode.

Y/n: "she'll thank me later"