(one-shot!)I put all my points in the wrong stat!

y/n Tennyson, a player of an VRMMORPG game called "New world online" rejoins after a month hiatus to greet his real life friend to the game!

—————————————————

Y/n: "new world online huh..?"

Y/n sat alone in his bedroom, atop his bed, in his pajamas, staring down at the videogame case in his hand. A couple minutes ago, he's grandfather walked into his room and handed him a box, saying it was a late birthday present from him.

Y/n: "he could've just gotten me the game.. but no! The crazy old man had to get me a special version"

Y/n looks to his side, seeing the headset and gloves made to play the game, but unlike to usual ones that came with it regularly, it was a black, white, and green pair.

How did y/n get a special pair? And why did his grandfather just give it to him?

Well, that's easy to answer. The company behind the game, specifically the manufacturer behind the headset, his grandfather, max, works for! He was able to pull some strings from the manufacturer, and the game developers to give y/n something special. The fifteen year old still doesn't got a clue what it is.

Y/n: "oh well, no better time then the present"

Setting the game and headset up, y/n sits crosslegged, and puts the headset on, loading up the game.

Opening his eyes, he sees that he's now in the game itself, standing there as if he was actually there. In front of him was a menu, and a text box.

Y/n: "my characters name huh? Should I make a fake name? Or use my real one? I'll just use my real name for now"

If you guys got any name ideas for y/n's ingame name when this is eventually an actual book, I'm all ears!

Y/n types in his name, as the text box changes into an array of weapons he could choose from.

Y/n: "a weapon now? Hm.. let's see.. which one is the strongest? I wanna got full out with nothing but pure strength! Maxed out attack!"

Suddenly, something catches his eye. To his left was a weapon completely unlike the others. He opens the info box and reads it.

Y/n: "”to the grandson of our hardest worker, and dear friend. We hope you enjoy this special weapon we made for you. It will upgrade as you level up”? This is what grandpa was talking about?"

Y/n shrugs, and looks back at the weapon. It was a black guantlet with bits of white, with an hourglass like gemstone in the center. He thinks for a moment, before selecting it.

Y/n: "well, if grandpa went out of his way to get me this, I can't not choose it. Besides, that upgrading as I level up part makes it a lot easier on my end!"

After selecting the weapon, a second box pops up, which shows his status.

Y/n: "alright! Here we go! Max attack!"

Without looking, y/n immediately put all his his points into what he thought was attack, but in actuality, he put it all into another stat.

With all of that finalized, y/n finally loads up into the game. With a bit of excitement, he immediately looked around.

Y/n: "ok, if I remember correctly.. the easy monsters are over there! Thank goodness grandpa also got me a manual for the game!"

Y/n ran off, and out of the starting town, as other players watch him run by. Running into the beginners forest. Once there, y/n looked around for monsters to come flooding after him, but nothing.

Y/n: "seriously? Nothing?"

Suddenly, a bunny-like monster jumps out from the bush, and rushes at him. Y/n blocks the attack with his guantlet, and then punches the bunny, which did absolutely nothing.

Y/n: "what?! What happened to my attack?!"

Y/n quickly opens his status menu, only to see that instead of maxed out attack, he saw maxed out MP. y/n cursed himself out, but then noticed something.

Y/n: "huh? The guantlet boosts mp? Why?"

Before y/n could read more, he's headbutted by the bunny, knocking him down.

Y/n: "ow! ow! You little jerk!"

The bunny jumps in to attack again, but y/n blocks with the guantlet, as he's suddenly blinded by a bright light.

Y/n's body then changed into that of a fire golem, with magma-like body parts.

Y/n: "what the?! What just happened?"

Y/n looks down at the bunny that fell in his lap, only to see it get burnt to ashes.

Y/n: "o-oh.. sorry.."

Y/n gets a pop up box, saying that he leveled up. He then gets a second box, saying the same thing, but instead of his name, it said "transformation 1"

Y/n then shrunk back to his normal self, and then opens his menu again, reading the full description of the weapon he was gifted.

Y/n: "what the hell is this actually? ”a special weapon that converts regular levels into MP, then uses the MP to power a special transformation spell built into the guantlet. Each transformation will gain levels separately, and Individually, each with their own preference of skills and abilities”. So wait, I basically got multiple forms that I need to individually level up?! That sounds op, but then again, the individual leveling part does kinda balance it out. Oh hey! I can name them too!"

Y/n opened his menu, seeing his first transformation, and then smirked, opening it's menu, first putting the new skill points into MP, before choosing a name. HeatBlast.