Harris

"Does the prosecution have a witness?"

Harvey stood, his jaw tight.

"We have your honour."

He took a deep breath.

"The prosecution calls Maxine Harris to the stand."

Harvey could feel the anger radiating off of her as her heels clicked off the marble. More like slamming off, Harvey thought, as her strides were powerful. Once she came into his line vision, all he wanted to do was shake her. Shake her because the woman was so infuriating. She chose today out of all days to be angry at him, and he hadn't even known why. Max reached the witness stand, where the bailiff held the Bible out in front of her. She placed her hand on the hardcover, raising her other hand.

"Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, under pains and penalties of perjury?"

"I do," her voice was confident and sharp, echoing off the walls as she moved to sit down on the witness stand. She crossed her legs, hands clasped together tightly as they rested on her lap. She looked at Harvey, dead in the eye as she waited for him to begin his questioning. Her lips were pursed in anger as her right eyebrow was raised, almost testing him.

Harvey held back his groan.

God help me

Several hours before...

Harvey cracked his eye open, being woken up by the sound of a phone vibrating against wood. Noticing that he was alone in the bed, he raised his head, searching for Max. Calming down as he heard the shower running, his arm stretched over the vacated pillow, grabbing onto the small device that was ringing. Noticing the screen flashed the name 'Mike Ross', Harvey sighed before clicking to answering the phone.

"Michael," Harvey said, his voice tired and annoyed already.

"Harvey? Where's Max?"

"Shower," he said, sitting up, "You called because..."

"Just checking up on her. I was going to call you, but I had to make sure she was okay."

Now Harvey's interest peaked, "What's going on?"

"Someone's been looking into Evan Wade."

"When?"

"Last night. Your judge friend called to let us know that the files were being accessed to."

Harvey grabbed a pen and paper from the night stand.

"Do we know who?" He said as he wrote down all the information.

"Didn't say. All we know is that at three a.m. Wade's file was accessed through the I.T. Department at Pearson Hardman."

Harvey's pen scratched out quietly.

"Someone knows."

"Any idea who?"

Harvey thought about it. He hadn't told anyone, and up to his knowledge Mike hadn't told anyone. Surprisingly enough, Donna hadn't come up to him, asking him why there was a secret file that he kept locked up in his cabinet-

When Donna doesn't ask questions, it's because she already knows, he remembered quickly.

"I'll call you back," Harvey said, hanging up.

Harvey hadn't noticed that Max got out of the shower a while ago, or that the blow drier had stopped. Realizing that she was possibly doing her make-up, he swung out of the bed, making his way towards the bathroom. The door was cracked, and Harvey pushed the door open to see Max sitting at the vanity in the bathroom. He walked towards her, kissing the top of her head before sitting on the edge of the tub. He noticed she was on edge. Before he could say anything, she looked at him. What Harvey noticed in her eyes was anger, which was odd.