Harvine

"Harvey, is this... weed?"

Her fingers pulled out the bag containing the organic green plant as she looked at Harvey diligently. Harvey wanted to smoke weed with her? Was he crazy? Was he already high? She looked at the item in her hand over and over again. Not only was it weed, but it was a lot of weed, more than she had seen at one time. Max was familiar with the green stuff in her hand. Her years at NYU and Harvard consisted of having fun with Mary Jane, and while those were great years, she had put it behind her. She was older now, that life long gone. She had told Harvey this, which is why she didn't understand the situation she was in at that moment.

"Are you being serious right now?" She asked, holding it more firmly.

"Very serious," he said, resting his forearms on the counter.

She looked at the bag again.

"You bought weed. You seriously bought weed so that we could smoke it?"

"Together, yes, is that so difficult?"

"What the hell has gotten into you?" She asked, placing the bag down, "I've never seen you okay with the idea of getting high. You practically beat Mike up after he smoked on his parent's anniversary."

"That was different. He was mourning," he said, grabbing the large bag, "This is a celebration."

She snatched the cannabis from his hands, "So you thought it was fine to buy a hundred dollars worth?"

"Actually it was three hundred," he said, smirking.

Her eyes widened.

"You bought thirty grams of weed?! Are you sick in the head?!"

"Max," Harvey said standing up, "I know about that time you smoked with Mike."

Her breath stilled.

"That... was a one time thing," she said defensively, "and I remember being pretty pissed at you."

"For surprising you with a car?"

"For surprising me in general."

"Besides the fact that it was a shitty reason to be mad at me, you did smoke with Mike, and he told me what happened."

Her eyes widened.

"Everything?"

Harvey tapped underneath her chin, "He does have a photographic memory."

She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

"But why Harvey? I don't understand how you, of all people, are okay with doing this?"

"Because I want you to be happy," he told her as he grabbed onto her arms, "I want you to have a night where you are enjoying yourself, and not following the rules. Being a little rebellious, like I know you have in you," he saw her stance falter a bit, and he knew his words were working, "I want you to not have a care in the world, and just enjoy this moment. You've been through so much, and I just want a night where you are free."

Max shook her head, "But Oliver was put away today, and Wade is still-"

"Forget about Klades, babe," Harvey cut her off, "He's in jail. He has his justice. And Wade? Wade is scum, and I'm going to do everything in my power and more to put him back where he belongs."

His hand moved the hair from her face, "Forget about everything tonight, please."

He held the marijuana in his hands again, in front of her.

"I want to spend one night with my future wife smoking pot, because I want us to enjoy ourselves. You said you trust me, so trust me."

She huffed, staring at the bud in front of her.