Blond

"Harvey, what did you do?"

Donna, the loyal secretary asked her boss as she watched Harvey walk into the office. The man in question sauntered in with a Cheshire smile on his face as he stopped in front of his secretary's desk. In reality, he hadn't done anything wrong. It was what he did to himself that threw Donna off guard. Harvey, who usually was sporting his trademark brown locks was now shades lighter; a soft blond, cut short to be structured perfectly. While he didn't diminish his good looks, his new haircut was rather… off for Harvey.

"My hair is blond," Harvey pointed out sarcastically.

"No shit," Donna echoed. "I'm just wondering how hard Max is going to kick your ass."

"She's not into kicking."

"I didn't know Max was a spanker."

Harvey looked at Donna plainly.

"You had to go there?"

"Honey, you went there first," the fiery redhead told him as she handed him his messages. Harvey all but snatched them out of her hand, making his way into his office. As he sat down, he quickly looked at the reflection in the glass. He liked his new hair, it made it feel that he was more himself. Younger, even. If anything, the new look gave Harvey more sex appeal, or Harvey thought that it did.

"Did you know Mister Weaver wanted to- Jesus Christ."

Mike Ross had entered Harvey's office, unaware of the mini transformation that had overcome Harvey. He stared at the powerful lawyer, not really believing what was in front of him.

"Can I talk about it?"

"Not at all," Harvey leaned back in his chair.

"Tell me what you got about Weaver."

The two men were clever in their attempt to keep a secret from Donna. Mister Weaver, who was supposedly a client to Donna, was in actually a cover story in order for Mike and Harvey to transfer information (thankfully accumulated by Vanessa) about Evan Wade as quickly as possible. The younger man would pass files onto Harvey, saying one thing while Harvey reads something completely different. It threw Donna off guard and kept the two men on their toes.

"He's planning to end the merger with Kleinworth, most likely taking the industry straight to the ground," Mike said as Harvey read the paper in front of him.

08:00 – Subject remains at home. No connection with Harris.

09:17 – Subject leaves home, heads to work. No connection,

"Bankrupting them. So he actually listened to us."

10:35 – Subject arrives back home.

"All he has to do is get the signatures for the petition, and he gets paid."

11:03 – Subject leaves home. Unaware of connection.

"And we get paid," Harvey told Mike, ease seeping through his bones.

Mike sighed, looking at Harvey.

"I know we're not supposed to talk about it-"

"If I wanted to talk to you about it I would-"

"But it's blond."

"I'm glad you know your colours, Michael," Harvey said plainly.

The blond- the other blond, looked at his boss curiously.

"It's so… off."

"That's the point."

"Is this a midlife crisis?" Mike asked, leaning forward in his seat.