Borrowed

"Don't try to convince me to stay."

Max had her bags packed. Everything she needed was right at the door. Harvey had a pleading look on his face, sadness in his eyes. He had tried so hard to keep her there, but Max wouldn't budge. She had insisted on going. Max was stubbornly telling him over again that she was leaving as Harvey followed her around the house like a puppy.

"Please, Max?"

"God damn it, Harvey! No!"

She turned around, her hands on her hips.

"You know it's bad luck to see the bride on the wedding day!"

Her babe came close, his arms finding her waist.

"I told you, I don't believe in luck."

"Well, I do," Max crossed her arms, pushing Harvey's hands off her body, "and if you call yourself a good husband you'd respect my wishes."

The smile that grew on Harvey's face was contagious.

"Okay, fine. You win."

"Good," she stood on the tips of her toes, giving him a long kiss as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Because I wouldn't want to spend tonight in this place alone."

His eyebrows furrowed, "We're being cryptic now?"

Max mimed a zipper along her mouth, turning the invisible lock and throwing away the key. She twirled out of his embrace, walking through the kitchen.

"Adorable. Now tell me what's going on."

Before she could respond, her phone lit up as she was receiving a phone call. Without looking at the screen, she answered the call.

"Hello?"

"We're here."

"Door's open," she hung up, looking over to a very confused Harvey.

"Now I'm scared."

She smiled at him, hearing the door open. The couple turned to see Marcus and Mike walk through the door, dressed impeccably well. Harvey was even more confused as Mike had a large clothing bag slung over his back. Harvey looked to his bride-to-be as she was leaning against the counter, arms crossed, with a mischievous smile. The groom knew exactly what was happening as both Mike and Marcus were patiently waiting for him to follow them.

"This better be a good bachelor party."

"Oh it is," Mike said, walking towards Max. He hugged her, kissing her temple.

"We'll have him back in one piece," her pseudo-brother reminded Max.

She smiled, "Just as long as he gets roughed up a bit."

"Shit, we should have done boxing," Marcus cursed.

"We still can," Mike looked to Marcus, who both shared a scheming look.

Harvey butted in before the two knuckleheads could think any further, "I'd like to not show up to my wedding with a fat lip and a black eye."

"Oh, so you already know I'll kick your ass," his brother said, raising his fists up in a mock punch.

"Keep moving you chicken shit," Harvey pushed both his brother and friend towards the door.

"It was one time. One."

"And you lost two hundred."

"…Not my most dazzling moment-"

Harvey threw the door open, pushing Dumb and Dumber out of the house.