Hypocrite

Max hadn't had such a peaceful sleep in a long while, and when she woke up the next morning after Harvey and she had their fun and the meatball fiasco, Max had never felt so rested. She smiled as she stretched, letting all the tension she had been building up constantly ease out of her body as she laid on the comfortable bed, enjoying the warm cotton sheets sans clothes. She turned her head to see if her love was still sleeping peacefully, but when her eyes caught on a piece of paper folded neatly on top of his pillow, she was instantly bummed. Pouting, she grab the paper, unfolding it to see Harvey's elegant writing that she absolutely adored.

'Wanted to surprise you with breakfast but we're out of food.

Don't miss me too much babe.

x Harv'

"You beautiful man," she whispered to herself as she kissed the paper before placing it on the nightstand. She pulled herself from the bed, walking towards the closet as she picked up her clothes from the floor. She sighed, holding the ruined skirt in her hands. Max was going to miss the lovely skirt deeply, and if she ever found one just like it she would make sure Harvey never got his hands on it. Shivering at the cold, she threw her clothing in the closet before making her way into the bathroom, intent on taking a shower.

The knock at the front door disrupted her plan.

Realizing the state she was in, she threw on a pair of sweatpants and one of Harvey's old baseball shirts as she walked down the steps, the knocking on the door becoming more insistent. As Max got to the door, she hesitated. The last time she was alone in a home, Wade was on the other side of the door. The knocking became even louder, Max still wondering whether or not she should answer the door.

"Harvey, wake your lazy ass up, would you? I'm not standing out here all day."

Max's eyebrows furrowed. She had never heard that voice before, and it made her even more hesitant to open the front door. Biting her lip, with the fear of the neighbours complaining, she slowly unlocked the door, causing the knocking to stop. Max opened the door, peaking out to the other side. She ended up looking at a man with several suitcases beside him. He was tall, with a casual stance and a brown leather jacket. Clad in jeans and Chuck Taylors, the man in front of Max wore a grin on his face that turned into a confused smile.

"Can I help you?" Max said with a little more sass than necessary.

"Looking for Harvey actually," the man tilted his head, inspecting the brunette woman in front of him.

"And you must be Maxine."

Max had done everything in her power to keep her eyeballs in her head. How many people knew who she was without her knowing anyone? Perks of being in the public eye, I suppose, Max thought as she hid behind the door, firmly intent on shutting it harshly. She had no intent on letting this man into the house if she was going to hurt her.

"So… are you gonna let me in?" He asked, a Cheshire smile creeping on his face.

"No offence, but the last time I let a strange man into my home my fiancée threatened to lock me in his closet."

"Sounds like Harvey, but I'm not a strange man," he shifted his footing, "we're almost family."

It took Max a moment to figure out what he meant by that. The brazen way he spoke, the stance that he held… Hell, Max should have picked up instantly on who he was just based off of the cockiness with the persistent knocks he had.

"Are you… Marcus?"

He raised his arms in happiness, "Hell yeah I am."

Max raised an eyebrow.