Chapter 7

OOOOOOOH DO YOU HAVE TUMBLR? I DO AND I CRY OVER IT FOR HOURS!!

http://just-a-fangirl-and-a-pen.tumblr.com/

You totally should follow my random blog :P

Year of no Stars- Chapter 7

    I wake to my name being called. It is desperate and is high pitched, as if the voice has been screaming it for ages now. I moan as I sit up, the faint taste of rabbit on my lips. My eyes adjust to the sun. My name is called over and over; new voices joining in. I lay in grass. I had fallen asleep last night out here and the thought hurts. I meant to escape into the woods but the rabbit was too good to waste and the meal had put me right into slumber.

    “Laura!” cries a female and her figure becomes clear as she runs toward me. Her face is pale, the skin around her eyes red and puffy. A thin stream of tears flow slowly. Tasia’s small body hits mine as she curls around me protectively. “Oh, Laura…”

    “What?” I ask. Fear spikes in the pit of my stomach; what had happened while I as gone? Tasia is all right. Is Marcus?

    “What were you thinking?” Tasia pulls away, placing her hands on my cheeks. One of her fingers run down the dry blood crusted on my lips and chin. She looks terrified. “Are you hurt? Where did this blood come from?” Her intense gaze travels around my body; she can see the rabbit’s blood on my clothes and hands.

    “Is she all right?” Marcus runs up next to us.

    “I don’t understand what is going on,” I intervene. I look up at them, liking my lips. The fading taste sits on them like a dream.

    “You disappeared yesterday and we couldn’t find you last night!” Tasia exclaims, exasperated; her arms in the air in a dramatic gesture. “Where were you?”

    I don’t meet her gaze and look down. “I was…out.”

    “You left us?”

    “It’s rabbit,” I mutter quietly under my breath, changing the subject.

    “What rabbit?” Marcus snaps. Fierceness clouds his tone.

   I continue to lick my lips and he receives the message. I stand and stretch, my arms spread out in front of me. My muscles are sore from lying on such hard ground. Hatred prickles inside me; I’d been laying on soft blankets for so long now, my body finds that natural and not this.

    “Gross,” he moans.

    Tasia shoots him a glare and helps me to my feet. For a moment my knees feel as if to collapse but they gain composure and I follow her back toward my prison.

    “So, since the Foresters are coming tomorrow and you need to be cleared tonight, the sleep test will be performed in a couple of days; once you are accustomed to your new surroundings,” Tasia explains. We sit outside the hospital, on a long chair made of wood. A breeze flows smoothly, carrying along it the sweet smell of spring time.

    “I’m still going to that new home?” I quiz with a frown.

    “Yeah Laura, you are. But don’t worry, I will visit.”

    My eyes widen. “Only visit?”

    “After you have settled down, I won’t come over any more. You won’t need me once you’re comfortable.” I look down at me feet and shuffle them through the freshly cut grass underneath us. “Please don’t worry, okay? You’ll be just fine and happy.”