Chapter 15

I don't really have anything to say for this chapter...

Year of no Stars- Chapter 15

    “So, your friend, Tasia, she came to visit,” Noah says awkwardly but I barely notice. My mind is too focused on him. He had turned the television to some comedy show that is supposed to be funny but I don’t understand.

    “She rocks.” I nod with a smile. Noah absentmindedly plays with my fingers, a strange feeling; I doubt he even realizes it. I leave him alone. The feeling of his skin against mine is soothing. He watches the television but I watch him. “What did she say?”

    Noah shrugs. “We talked about you, mostly. How comfortable you are around me and my brothers. She asked a little about me, like where I went to school, what I plan on doing. Stuff like that.”

    His eyes swarm with emotion; almost mesmerising as they flicker back and forth around the screen. However, he turns to me and smiles. His gaze quickly drops to my lips and back up but before I know it, he is leaning in toward me. I am confused, awfully disoriented in a matter of seconds but I trust Noah. His lips brush mine gently and delicately and a burst of electricity pops inside me, running through my body.

    I suddenly want more of that feeling; it’s almost like adrenaline but more addicting. I stare at him, trying to figure out what he is thinking but his face is unsure, like he doesn’t know if he should. I want him to so badly.

    Hesitating, he repeats the motion though even more carefully, like I will break or pull away. I do not know how to respond so I fill the steady silence with the sound of my breath against his face. I place my hand on his heart; it is beating unusually fast, almost in sync with mine. He presses his lips into mine again, letting them linger softly but this time, he doesn’t pull away. I feel his face become closer as the pressure on my lips deepen.

    That warm feeling inside me explodes, totally shattering inside and I love it. I don’t want it to go away, ever. I wrap my arms around his neck and push my lips into his. I want to be closer to him but it would be impossible however, I try. I want to be closer so desperately. I always have but I had never known- never could have guessed- it would feel as amazing as this. My body just knows what to do.

    He pulls away too soon, leaving me breathless. He frowns as I touch our foreheads. “I’m sorry… I…”

    “What do you call that?” I interrupt him in a soft whisper.

    The fear and guilt in his eyes are replaced with excitement. “It’s a kiss, Laura,” he responds in an equal tone.

    “I love it,” I say softly into his ear. “I won’t ever go.” He makes me feel so different; something I have never felt before. It can’t be explained. It just is the way it is and I can’t leave that. I can’t leave him.

    A smile crackles along his lips. Instead of him leading, I ball his shirt into my fists and pull him into me once again. His lips hit mine roughly and we kiss; a beautiful word for an immortal moment.

    I grip Noah’s hand as we walk into the kitchen, Juliet and his mom, Madeleine, cook dinner. It smells delicious and I cannot wait to dig in. Oliver said we eat dinner together each Sunday; I will be looking forward to each Sunday for the rest of my life.

    I’ve spent almost two entire weeks with my new family and it has been great and long. Noah said he has something planned tomorrow for us which he informed me of at least a week ago. Though he left out one important detail; what we are going to do. The wait has been killing me. I’ve noticed everyone else has been very excited, yet no one will tell me.