Chapter 2

The next few days pass by quickly. I mostly spend time with Quinn trying to distract her from what happened at the bar. When I'm not I'm writing my next book. It's now Thursday and Roses and Flame releases tomorrow. I've got a few days after that before I start interviews. And I am already dreading it.

Although I picked an occupation that requires me to have a public presence, I hate having so much attention. Though unlike a lot of influencers and other public figures I don't always have paparazzi following me or anything. I do get recognized every once in a while but otherwise my life is pretty quiet.

I'm currently leaving my publisher's office. We talked about what I wanted to do for the cover of my next book and we discussed ideas. We were quite productive today. And I'm very thankful for that because it keeps me occupied. It keeps me from thinking.

My thoughts were currently plagued with Kim Seokjin. Like how is someone so beautiful? Why was he all I could think about? It's weird. Ever since Quinn showed me his picture I've felt strange when I think about him. My body starts to tingle to the point I've thought of going to the doctor.

I shake my head. I was thinking about him again. I turn the music up on my car, which had been changed to a Kpop station thanks to Quinn. As I'm nodding my head to the song a car speeds in front of me.

I slam on the brakes and my car and myself jerk.

"What the hell?!" I scoff and press on the gas again. I shake my head and curse the person in that car out in my head. Who in their right mind runs a red light at one of the busiest part in Atlanta? I let out a small growl.

When I park in front of my house I grab my purse and walk inside. I take off my tennis shoes and walk to my room. Putting them away in my closet I pull off my belt and hang it up with the rest of them.

I pull out a pair of black sweatpants and change into them. Slipping on a baby blue t-shirt and walking down the hall to my kitchen. I pull out the strawberries I cut up and put a few in a bowl.

I snack on those as I walk into my living room and sit down. I turn on my tv and put it on Netflix. I watch that for a few hours before drifting off to sleep due to the fact that I only got about three hours of sleep last night.

-----

I rub my eyes as I yawn. I stand up and stretch my back. I reach down and touch my toes to stretch a bit more. Reaching over to grab my phone off the table, Quinn texted me asking if I wanted to come dance with her. Of course I said yes.

I drag myself to my room and pack a bag. I pull out my tennis shoes and put them on. Grabbing two water bottles I walk out of the house.

It takes about twenty minutes to drive to her studio. She comes out with her water bottle against her lips and her face shiny with sweat. Putting the top back on her bottle she walks over to me with a smile.

"Hey, Hun." I grin at her and follow her inside.

"Hey, Quinnie. How long you been here?"

"About thirty minutes." I nod.

"What are you gonna teach me today?" Her smile grows wider as she sets her water bottle down by her bag. My bag follows suit and I sit it beside hers.

"I was thinking a lyrical piece. But it's up to you." I smile.

"You know me well. I love lyrical."

"I know you do, hun. That's why I suggested it." She picks up her phone and puts on a song. My eyes light up when I hear it start to play. Tattoo by Loreen played through the speakers. She then pauses it and helps me stretch. By the end of the stretches one of my pants legs are bunched up by my knee and the other is by my ankle like it's supposed to be.