Chapter 7

Driving on the highway will always scare me. The big semi-trucks specifically. Oh! I can't forget about the stupid people that barely know how to drive. At the moment I can unfortunately tell you how many times I've flipped someone off. This also shows how bad my road rage is. Because in my mind, if you can't drive the way I want you to, then just don't drive at all.

If you can tell, my morning hasn't been going well and right now I'm going to meet Quinn at her dance studio. I had to drop her off earlier this morning because her car was currently in the shop. While she was there I had to go meet with Taylor and Gracie, my publisher, so we could start working on the cover of my next book that'll be coming out in January. It frustrated me because the designing process took way longer than it should have, and now I was late to pick Quinn up.

I finally get to my exit with a frustrated huff and thank god that I only have five more minutes before I'm there.

Pulling into the parking lot she's already standing by the door, her bag slung across her shoulder and her water bottle in hand. When she sits down in the passenger seat and throws her stuff in the back she huffs, sweat glistening on her forehead.

"Why'd you wait outside? It's like ninety degrees outside." She glares at me, an angry pout resting on her lips.

"I wouldn't have if I knew I'd be out there so long." I let out a frustrated sigh.

"I texted you saying the we'd went longer than I thought we would." Her eyes widen as she looks down at her phone. She looks back up at me with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Madi. Please forgive me?" I smile softly at her as she gives me her infamous puppy-dog eyes.

"I wasn't mad at you Quinn. I can never be mad at you. The meeting went longer than I'd hoped it would and then the idiots that don't know how to drive made it worse. I should be apologizing because I made you wait outside in the heat." Her face softens and she shakes her head.

"No, I should've looked at my phone instead of jumping to conclusions." I huff and glance at her from the corner of my eye. She always puts other before herself, thus making her own feelings less important. That was one of the few things I disliked about her. I really wish she'd be selfish sometimes, but no matter the amount of times I've said this to her she doesn't listen.

Maybe one day her soulmate will get it through her thick head. Or they won't let anyone take advantage of her. Either or and I'd be okay. I just hope that when I can't be there, they will be. I glance over at her again.

I wouldn't be here without her. She helped encourage me to go after what I wanted. And now here I am with three books out. I smile at the thought. She always pushes me to do what I want. And without her, I'd be back in Alabama living with my parents. Which reminds me to visit them soon.

When we pull into her driveway she presses a kiss to my cheek. "Text me when you get home so I know you got back safely." I smile at her and nod.

"Anything for you, Quinnie." She grins at me and waves as she bounds inside, bag in hand. My face softens as she does. That girl will always be my little ray of sunshine I didn't know I needed.

Pulling out of her driveway, I lean my head back and turn the radio up. My phones connected to the aux so what's currently playing is some kpop songs I've come to love. Though BTS will forever be my favorite I've come to love groups like BLACKPINK and TXT.

I've been especially obsessed with TXT's song Back for More (ft. Anitta). But the song playing now was Jimin's Closer than this. Yet another song I've come to love. When I see pictures of the maknaes I can't help but think how cute they are.