Chapter 9

I shift on the couch as I watch one of the more recent episodes of Run BTS while I eat my breakfast. I'd been awake since three in the morning and have been sitting here for about fifteen minutes. And looking at the time, I'd been up for two hours. Still five hours till I go meet Quinn.

I yawned and sprawl on the couch and turn my head towards the tv. The episode comes to an end and changes to another one. I smile at Namjoon being clumsy. And giggle when Jin cracks one of his jokes.

With the fact that they speak Korean most of the time, it's made me want to learn it. I remember Quinn telling me she was learning a few years ago. I know by now she's fluent, even having friends that speak it. So today I'm gonna ask her to help teach me.

I yawn as the episode comes to an end, my eyes shutting involuntarily. Sleep catches me and drags me with it, not letting me stay awake like I want to do.

-----

My eyes flutter open when my phone buzzes against the table. I reach over and grab it looking down to see that Quinn texted me

Quinnie: I'm headed out now.

I sit up, my eyes wide to see I slept for 4 and a half hours. I quickly stand up having to pause and put my hands on the back of the couch and my vision gets blurry. When my vision returns to normal I rush up to my room to get ready.

Throwing on a pink short sleeved blouse, black jeans, and a pair of black ballet flats I run to my bathroom. Doing simple makeup and throwing my hair up into a low ponytail, my curtain bangs falling out as I brush my teeth.

I sigh and look at my reflection one last time before grabbing my purse and running out to my car. Pulling out of my driveway, I buckle my seatbelt and try to follow road laws as I drive to the coffee shop.

On the way there I almost got hit twice because people kept running red lights, and I can promise you the words coming out of my mouth would mostly definitely would have gotten my slapped if my mother were here.

When I pulled up to coffee shop I jump out of the car once I've parked. I rush inside without paying attention and bump into a tall Asian man wearing a hat and mask.

My mind freezes when I tilt backwards. I close my eyes waiting for my butt to hit the ground, but instead I feel pressure on my elbow along with some tingling. When I open my eyes they meet the beautiful strangers. His eyes sparkle as he looks down at me, never taking his hand from my elbow.

I gasp when I look down and see the coffee spilled on the ground and on his shirt. I look back up at him with panic.

"I'll buy you new ones!" But the stranger only shakes his head.

When another man walks up beside us and takes his arm and pulls him away slightly. "It's okay. If he doesn't get going or he'll be late for work." Now the man's slight pull turns in to dragging as he pulls the beautiful stranger out of the shop.

One of the staff came to clean up and I offer to help and use a bunch of paper towels to clean up the drink. When the staff member came back with a mop to finish cleaning, I apologized and made my way over to Quinn.

She looked cute in her light green sundress, the white sandals went well with it. Her eyes studied me before meeting my eyes.

"Are you alright?" I nod giving her a small smile.

"It was an accident, and I don't think he was too upset." She nods.

"Okay. Let's go get our coffee now." I grin and loop my arm through hers.

"Coffee time!" I sing. I pull her up to the counter and get in line behind a couple. Quinn pulls her arm from mine, her forearm brushing against my elbow making me let out a gasp. The tingling feeling returns to my elbow and I rub at it. What the hell?