꧁༺ 6 ༻꧂

[a/n: ok so this chapter is just a bit longer than the previous. Enjoy<3]

A month had passed and Hongjoong and the 'book stranger' had kept exchanging notes.

Sometimes he had to wait a week for a response, but sometimes they were just a few days. And the more he talked to the guy the more he grew interested in knowing who he was.

There was also the beautiful man that he kept running into since he first met him, but even if he found him attractive he wasn't really one of his concerns.

Now november was approaching and the weather kept getting colder and colder, forcing Hongjoong to wear warmer clothes and sometimes -even if he didn't like it- a scarf.

Hongjoong stirred himself on his chair. He had been working on the same assignment for a few days now and he was extremely sleep deprived.

It didn't bother him, the lack of sleep, because he knew that even without that assingment he probably wouldn't have slept anyway, keeping himself up with a book or some tv show, although it did bother him that he had to stay up to work.

He glanced at the clock on his bedside table as he noticed it was already dark outside -but again, it was almost november so the sun set earlier.

He took notice of the time.

19:26

And just like that, he decided he deserved a cup of coffee, because who doesn't drink coffee on a saturday night, right?

He got up from the chair, put on his shoes, wore his winter coat and -why not, it was cold anyway- his scarf, before exiting his apartment.

As he made his way down the stairs he noticed a figure at the ground floor.

Of course it had to be that guy.

He chose to ignore him unless he greeted him first -which he didn't- and left the building, shivering from the cold air hitting his face as he walked.

After about fifteen mintunes he was there, in front of the still open cafe.

It was welcoming, the atmosphere, and like every time he passed through those doors he released a sigh of satisfaction.

It was, however, the first time he found himself there this late. Not that it was late per se, it was just an odd time to go to a cafe and he was plesantly surprised to find it still open.

At the cash register was the same dimpled guy he saw whenever he came here. But literally, did the man have a life outside this cafe?

"Hongjoong hi! I've seen you a lot lately, what brings you here this time?" The man greeted.

"Oh please San, I'm dying here. I've had barely seven hours of sleep in three days. Classes are going to kill me sooner or later"

Because yeah, he grew closer to the guy, San. How could he not when he was either at the library, at class, at home, or at the cafe working on his assignment or reading a book (most of the time reading a book).

"Can you get me a coffee? The largest you have?"

He let his head bump onto the counter, earning a giggle from San that was already turning to prepare the beverage.

"Ah, how's it going with the library guy? The one you mentioned the last time you came in here? You were smiling so wildly I was afraid you had gone crazy"

Hongjoong lifted his head just enough to smile at the younger, before dropping it back down again.

"Good, we've exchanged birthdays. His is on April 3rd"

"Oh"

San stopped for a few seconds before handing Hongjoong his coffee. He seemed to be thinking, and quite deeply at that.

"Just like..."

Hongjoong lifted his gaze expectantly to meet the younger's, but San stopped himself just as he was about to say a name -guessed Hongjoong.

He didn't want to press further though. That would erase the whole concept of the 'library stranger, you know?

So he kept quiet, sipping on his coffee until San told him it was closing hours and he unfortunately had to leave.

I might check the library tomorrow He thought as he made his way back to his apartment.

Because that, right now, had become his favourite safe place.