꧁༺ 11 ༻꧂

"I think I like the guy"

Hongjoong was out to eat with Yunho and Mingi for his birthday. A few days had passed since he got the present, and even if he wore it under his shirt -as to not let anyone see it- he never took the necklace off unless it was to shower or sleep.

A clang of silverware hitting the ground and a few suffocated coughs.

Yunho was looking at him dumbfounded, Hand frozen in the air as he didn't just drop his fork. Mingi was choking on his hamburger, trying to regain his composure.

"ExcuseMeYouWhatWho?!" Mingi finally managed to say once he finally avoided his death unvoloutary attempt.

Hongjoong took his time to reply, not because he didn't want to tell them, no. Quite the opposite. He wanted to tell them everything the guy said and did, fanboying over every simple little thing, but he was so embarassed of the fact that he had developed feelings for someone whom identity was still a secret to him that he was afraid. Afraid of their reaction.

"Joong are you talking about the library guy?"

Fortunately Yunho seemed to always be able to read his mind in almost every situation.

He nodded.

"But you don't even know who he i-" Mingi got cut off by an -unecessary- slap on his nape, obviously delivered by Yunho.

"You little unsensitive shit."

"I was just saying! How can you like someone if you don't know how they look like? Or more importantly, their name?"

Hongjoong sighed. That's exactly what he had been repeating himself for the past few days -since he opened the gift actually- so it wasn't surprising that his bestfriends thought that too.

"I know, that's why I'm not exactly sure about it, but he's literally so sweet! He always put so much thought into his notes that I just want to hug him and thank him simply for existing. Can you believe he didn't have friends??? Now he made one but how can someone so wonderful not have friends? It seems impossible! Plus he gave me a gift. A birthday gift! Can you believe it?? Because I can't!"

Silence.

"Oh you definitely like him—"

"What did he get you—"

They spoke in sync.

Hongjoong eyed Yunho for his comment, then diverted his attenction to Mingi, that was looking at him with nothing but curiosity in his eyes.

Hongjoong reached to his neck to take out the necklace from under his shirt and showing it to his two bestfriends.

"Oh wow."

"Wow indeed."

"Right??!??! And he had the audacity to say 'sorry I know it's not much'. Not much??!?!?"

"Speaking about gifts!!!" Mingi exclaimed. It almost looked like a light appeared over his head. "I have yours in my back pack!"

Both Hongjoong and Yunho burst out laughing at this. Mingi really didn't know how to read the room, but they loved him just as he was.

That night Hongjoong couldn't help but re-think about their conversation about the stranger. It bugged him. It bugged him a lot.

Because if Yunho said that he 'definitely like him' there was a high chance that he was right. Because Yunho said it. And Yunho knew Hongjoong just as he did himself. Even more than he did himself.

So, head rested on the pillow and covers over his body, he let his thoughts wander free, forgetting about everything else.

[a/n: fun fact. I'm currently writing on a tree.]