~Injuries~

Charlie fins an injured, little vaggie after one extermination in an alleyway. she takes her home and cares for her while she's small.

requested by eccentricJester on Ao3

                               ___________________________

Vaggie was panting heavily once she woke up. She found herself in an alleyway where Lute ripped her wings out and stabbed her eye. She immediately tried to get up, worried that danger might be lingering nearby. She thought they would be back for her. She needed to get somewhere safe and away from people. They would try to finish her off, especially because she was currently in cannibal town.

Vaggie crawled her way over to the dumpster. She lost her balance and slid down the side. Her wings being gone really felt off.

As she laid there, her mind raced with panicked thoughts.

"No, I need to get up. They're- they're gonna kill me!" She thought. However, the pain and aching was too much for her. She gasped for air, trying to get a hold of herself but as she was left alone with her thoughts of what had just happened, she just kept spiraling.

Then, this random thought came into her head. 'I want my mama,'. It was so strange too. She hadn't met back up with her mom in heaven and can barely even remember what she looked like. Then she realized what was happening to her.

'No, no, no! I have to stay big! For my own safety,' she thought. She can't slip. Not now. But the pain was getting too much and the stress of what she was going to do was unbearable. It was straining and took so much of the little energy she had out of her. She really wanted to start bawling while being rocked in someones hands.

Vaggie sucked on the tip of her thumb to relieve some of her anxiety. It unfortunately made her slip further.

"Holy hell! Are you okay?!" A person yelled out. Vaggie looked up and saw someone rushing towards her with concern on their face. She immediately got scared by the loud noises they were making and curled up into a ball and slid the whole thumb in her mouth.

"Hey, its okay, I'm sorry I scared you," The person tried to calm her down. Vaggie just whimpered as another wave of pain and burning rushed over her. Being half-way big and half-way small, she really didn't want to start wailing in front of this new woman.

"I'm Charlie Morningstar. I was checking out the damages from the extermination. Can I please see your eye? I have bandages," Charlie asked in a soft and soothing voice. Vaggie trusted her, maybe a little too fast. She was feeling small so any kind being she would trust.

"M Vaggie," She told the stranger.

Vaggie turned a little towards her and took her thumb out of her mouth so Charlie could get a full view of her eye.

"Oh you poor thing, This must really hurt. I'm so sorry, these exterminations can be so brutal," Charlie began to wrap her face.

"When we get back to my place, I'll clean it up. Any more injuries?"