Thunderstorms

Summary: Charlie gets scared because of the thunderstorm and hides. her father finds her though and they build a fort together.

A loud bang filled the air. Lucifer was just coming home to the hotel from getting groceries when it started to thunder. He knew that there would be a storm later. Luckily it hadn't started raining yet but it would be in a few minutes. So he hurried home, trying to beat the storm. Fortunately, being king of hell has it's perks, such as teleportation.

The storm started to get really bad by the time he put all of the food away. It was loud, and flashy. He remembered when Charlie was younger, she was horrified of these storms and run into his room where he would cuddle her to calm her down. Speaking of Charlie, where was she? Vaggie seemed to be leading the activities everyone was doing in the common lobby area.

He figured that she might be in her room, so he went up there, looking for her. He knocked on her door but found no response. He was about to leave when a loud CRASH was heard from outside and more firey rain hit the windows like rocks. That's when he heard a cry come from the room. He opened the door but couldn't find his daughter. A sniffle came from under the bed and he followed it, peeking under the covers that were hanging over the side.

There she was. Poor Charlie had her pacifier in and covered her ears while crying softly under the bed. Lucifer rolled under the bed with her.

"Hey sweetie, You okay?" he asked. She whimpered and shook her head.

"Storm is scary," she sniffled. He tried his best to hug her but there wasn't exactly much room.

Another BANG happened and she yelped, crying harder. Why was it so loud? It was scary for the 4 year old.

"It's okay baby, let's get you out from under the bed, 'Kay?" Lucifer said. However, she shook her head. It was dangerous out there!

"Not safe..." she answered. Lucifer knew why she thought that. Little kids often needed to hide from the things that scared them. Charlie would usually hide in closets or make forts to hide in whenever she was scared of something.

"How about we build a fort?" he prompted. She seemed okay with it because she crawled out from the bed. He did the same and they began to build the fort.

Lucifer gathered pillows and blankets from the closet while Charlie put the chairs and desks in place. She hugged her ducky stuffy while doing so. Quakers would help protect her!

Together, they built the fort. One of the blanket's end's was tucked under the end of the bed while the other was draped over a chair. Another blanket was draped across the other and over a desk, creating a wall. Another wall was created using pillows.

He would definitely need to get her a tent, but for now, the fort would do. They huddled up under it while Lucifer put on a fun kid's movie to keep his daughter occupied. She would jump at every thunder and lightning strike, but Lucifer would hold her in his arms, keeping her and Quakers safe.