~Overwhelmed~

Summary: Charlie gets overwhelmed and goes into an anxiety attack. luckily her dada is there to save the day!

                                           ___________________________

The smell of sweet apple pie filled the hotel as Lucifer took his pastry out of the oven. It smelled magnificent. He baked it just right. Since they never got to celebrate their victory, having to rebuild the hotel quickly and what not, the residents were holding a small party in the dining room area. There were pastries, deserts, appetizers, and more junk food with drinks. Everyone was downstairs, chatting, having a good time. Everyone except Charlie. Lucifer knew she wouldn't want to miss out on his pie, she loved it! So he went to search for her.

"Where ya going, short king?" Angel asked when he saw that Lucifer was leaving.

"Charlie hasn't come down yet so I'm going to go get her. She doesn't want to miss my apple pie" he explained, "toodle-loo!" he waved before exiting the kitchen.

He walked in the hallways, checking each room, trying to find out where she was. It was a hotel for goodness sake! She could be anywhere! It was strange though, how she didn't come down immediately after smelling the deserts coming out of the oven. She had a very strong sweet tooth.

Now he was getting worried. He checked almost all the places she could be. Her office, the library, the living room, a bunch of random rooms, and a balcony. The only place he hadn't checked was her room. So he made his way back down to the 1st floor and walked towards the staff hall, where all the staff's bedroom's were. He saw that Charlie and Vaggie's room's door was cracked open. Suspicious. He moved closer to it, and heard strange noises coming from inside. This got him worried. He slowly opened the door, a creak coming from it.

"Charlie? You okay?" he asked as he entered. When he took in the view that greeted him, he could tell that she was obviously not okay.

His little girl was clutching her stuffed ducky, panting heavily as she rocked back and forth in the middle of her bed, sitting criss cross applesauce. Her eyes shot up to meet his when she was alerted that another being entered her presence. She gasped for air as her hyperventilating became worse.

Charlie didn't want to be seen right now. It was embarrassing to have someone watch you as you're having a panic attack. That's why she started to get worse the more he looked at her.

"Ducky, what's wrong?" he went up to her, trying to remain calm himself. He knew if he started panicking about what to do, she would get worse.

However, Charlie didn't answer and just continued to gasp for air.

"Take some deep breaths, Char-Char, you can do it," he sat next to her, putting a hand on her back. She sank in her fathers touch. It was comforting but not enough. It was still hard.

"You got this, sweetie, In," he paused, "And out" he exhaled, showing her how to breathe.

She followed his instructions, trying to get a grasp. It was so hard to ground herself. This panic attack was really bad. Lucifer could tell too. So he massaged her scalp. That always seemed to help calm her down.

Soon enough, she managed to get a grasp, no longer feeling like she had run a marathon with no break.

"You okay now, Char-Char?" he asked. He squeezed her ducky even more but nodded, "what happened?"

"I-I- I started thinking a-about Dazzle and that got me thinking about heaven. How they could attack at any moment without warning. What if they ruin the hotel again? What if Vaggie or the other's die?!" She started back up again, but Lucifer was quick to act and calmed her down.

"Duckling, it's okay, the hotel is safe. I'm here, Alastor's here, and Vaggie can take care of herself and the other's just fine," he said.

"M scared, Dada." she snuggled up in his lap, slipping right into little space.

Lucifer, sensing the drop in her headspace, hugged her and played with her hair.

"It'll be okay, sweetheart. Your daddy will beat up anyone who dares attack the hotel!" He promised before tickling her armpits. She giggled and tried slamming her arms against her waist, but it was no use for the tickle monster. Her smile filled her face, bringing sunshine to rain. It made Lucifer happy that his little girl was feeling better.

"I love you, sweetie," he kissed her forehead. He summoned Charlie's rainbow paci and a childrens book. He plopped the soother in her mouth.

"Wanna hear a story?" He asked, opening the book. She nodded, needing the love of her father and a distraction from her anxious thoughts.

"Once upon a time..." he began.

When the story was over, Charlie was begging for another one. So he read her another one. And then another one. And one more. And by the time Charlie got bored, Lucifer needed a nap. He wondered how she would react if he brought her downstairs with everyone.

"Hey ducky? Do you want to come downstairs? We're having a bit of a party and there's even apple pie," He proposed.

"Apple pie?! Ye'sh!" she lisped due to the pacifier in her mouth. She put her arms in the air, asking for uppies. Him being a short king, and Charlie being really tall made it look and feel weird to hold her. But it helped his daughter so he had to bear through it.

When Lucifer brought Charlie downstairs, everyone was very accepting of her. She was carrying her ducky with her and played with it too while she was at the party. She mainly kept to herself, playing on the floor and running around the kitchen and dining room, but she also would go up to the others whenever she wanted attention. Luckily, everyone would give it to her within a heartbeat. It was cute to see Charlie, waddling around with her pacifier and carrying around a stuffy. Even though she was really tall, she managed to look really small.

During the party, Charlie was given a lot of sweets. She would give puppy eyes if anyone was hesitant. She also asked almost everyone there if she could have more candy and deserts. No one could say no. She loved the apple pie the best though. Unfortunately that led to a big tummy ache.

Charlie curled up under one of the tables and whimpered, squeezing Quacky. She ate too many sweets and now had to pay for it. She whined as another stomach cramp rolled over her.

Lucifer noticed how his little girl was nowhere to be seen and immediately got worried. He heard a whine that sounded like Charlie and followed the noise. He came upon a table in the corner of the room. He looked underneath it and saw poor Charlie, laying on the ground, hugging her stuffy and sucking on her pacifier. Most of the time, she just had it in her mouth for comfort, but the fact that she was sucking on it heavily, made him know she was in pain.

"Hey little one, you okay?" he asked. She shook her head.

"Tummy hurts," she whimpered

"You ate too much?" he asked, to which she nodded. He sighed and pulled her out from under the table and lifted her up. He carried her back upstairs and set her down in her bed. He laid her down and changed her into some pajamas before giving her a tummy soothing pill. He also set a trashcan next to her in case anything came up.

Tucking her in, he gave her a kiss on the head. She needed a nap. Tummy pains weren't fun to deal with and it often tuckered the poor girl out. She was almost fully asleep when he turned out her lights. It hurt him to see his baby girl in pain, but he was also happy that she was feeling better and could regress around others.