Lost In The Mall

Summary: Vaggie is on a trip to the mall with Carmilla and her daughters. unfortunately, she loses them and panics, causing her to regress.

Requested by insaneLonelyGirl

                                     ________________________________

Vaggie was out with the Carmine family on a shopping spree. She claimed that it was because they needed a bodyguard, but they knew that she just wanted an excuse to hang out with them. Carmilla didn't mind. She loved having Vaggie tag along with things. It was nice having her around. Currently they were at the mall. They didn't need anything in particular, just wanting to browse and look at a few things.

Immediately as they entered the mall, it was crowded. Packed with kids and adult's alike. Vaggie was a bit scared she'd get lost if she didn't stick close to the carmines. It was kind of scary. She let out an unconscious whimper as her worries got to her head.

"You okay, mija?" Carmilla asked, petting the back of her head gently, letting her know she was there.

"Y-yeah, Crowds just kind of... scare me, I guess," Vaggie laughed nervously. That was pathetic of her to say. What kind of exorcist was afraid of crowds?

"Don't worry, we won't lose you," Odette piped up.

The first store they went into was a technology store. Odette seemed really interested in all the cool parts they had. She wanted to do some more building.

To avoid getting separated, Vaggie went inside with them instead of waiting outside even though she had little to no interest in technological stuff. When they were done they moved onto the next store.

They visited more and more shops. Barely any piqued her interest and she was mostly there to hang out with her sisters. That was until the family walked past an age regression toy store. The front window had so many cool items and toys that Vaggie stopped walking and went up to the window. She had forgotten to tell Carmilla that she wanted to go there though.

She looked at all the fun toys they had. There were cool mega bloks, sized up rocking horses, play mats, and action figures! She immediately went inside to check out the stuff. There was this one really cute playset for stuffed animals that she wanted to get. But right when she saw the price, she remembered she had forgotten her wallet. Carmilla said she would pay for anything Vaggie wanted. That's when she realized she hadn't told her she was going to stop by the store. She ran out of the shop and looked around, trying to see if she could find her found family. Unfortunately, Carmilla had her hair down that day since it was a bit cooler outside, making it even harder to spot her.

Vaggie started to panic. She weaved through the people, trying to follow where they were headed. Unfortunately, the place they were headed to was the middle of the mall, where there were four paths they could've gone to. Not to mention the escalator they might've gone up. Whimpering, Vaggie tried to clear her head to figure out where they might've gone. But her headspace was rapidly slipping, making it hard to think of anything other than "Where's mama?!". People started to push her out of their way, obviously not seeing her. She was too short.

To avoid the people, she ran under the escalator, where two vending machines hid her. The salty liquid known as tears, starting to roll down her cheek like a waterfall. She tried silencing her sobs, but that only caused her to choke and cough.