~Bedtime~

Summary: Lucifer helps Charlie get ready for bed

its a short one because I wanted to write but i had no requests so i just did a short one.

                                 ______________________ 

The day had been pretty fun for Charlie. Lucifer took her out to get ice cream and she regressed but he and Vaggie helped take care of her. They stopped by a toy store on the way home and she got a new stuffed bear. They played with her and helped her do things she was a bit too small for when they got home.

As the sun began to finish setting, Lucifer checked the time. It was 8:15. Time for Charlie to get ready for bed. She usually took a long time to finish her bedtime routine. Since she was feeling about 3, she needed to go to bed a bit earlier. Especially because she didn't take a nap during the day.

"Duckling, its time to get ready for bed," he kneeled down on the floor where she was currently playing with a few rubber ducks.

"But I wanna stay up longer! I'm a big kid!" She protested. She was a big girl! Obviously, she could stay up a little longer.

"I know that, sweetie, but you can get pretty stressed easily if you don't get enough sleep," Lucifer told her. She huffed and pouted but let him pick her up. He began to clean up her toys while she helped pick up her drawing stuff.

After they were done cleaning up, he asked her which pajamas she wanted. She wanted to have some footy pajamas. So, before he changed her into them he got out a pull-up. Whenever she was feeling 4 or under, there was a chance that she wouldn't be able to stay dry during the night if she fell asleep while little.

"Daddy! I don't wanna wear dat. I'm a big girl! That's for babies," She declared. He just sighed. He knew she'd be like this.

"Duckling, you need to wear it. I don't want you to wake up with wet bed sheets tomorrow morning," He tried convincing her. She pouted but stepped into the hole of the pull-up that he held out for her. He pulled it up before having her step in her footy onesie and zipping it up.

"Alright, there. That wasn't too bad, huh?" She still pouted but Lucifer didn't pay too much attention to it. She had to realize that it was for her own good.

"Let's go brush your teeth, okay?" he led her towards the bathroom. She got out her toothbrush and her watermelon flavored toothpaste because the minty one was too unpleasant for her at the moment.

"Good job, sweetie!" He congratulated her once she was done. She smiled with her now clean teeth.

She crawled into her bed with her duck stuffed animal as Lucifer sat on the edge. He made a storybook appear with the snap of his fingers.

As he began reading, Charlie quickly grew tired. Before Lucifer even finished the story, Charlie was already snoring softly. He gave a quick kiss on her forehead before turning off the lights. He was happy that he got to spend some time with the little girl he almost never got to bond with.