Day 14: Nightmare

Ever since the cataclysm had made its home on his wrist, Gabriel hadn't gotten one full night of sleep. Any hours he did spend sleeping were plagued with nightmares.

Since Nathalie was still mad at him, he was left with no one to help him. And Adrien wasn't the person to talk to about this.

Tonight was perhaps the worst nightmare. Nathalie had collapsed in his arms. He'd desperately tried to wake her, only to discover that she wasn't breathing.

Gone forever, just like Emilie.

Then it had switched to his son in his arms, akumas gathered around him. Just like a sentimonster, Adrien disappeared, leaving Gabriel to try in vain to keep him there.

Lastly, he was left alone, watching as the cataclysm's mark moved up his arm, down his torso, and over his face.

They would all die and it was his fault.

His nightmare quickly faded as he was shaken awake.

He woke up on the sofa in his office, Nathalie's stern yet concerned face above him.

She was still alive.

"Nightmare?" she asked, tone flat.

Feeling the tears on his face, Gabriel exhaled. He reached up and wrapped his arms around her waist, leaning his forehead against her torso.

She stiffened. "Sir-'' His sob interrupted her.

"Don't leave me, Nathalie. I need you."

She sighed, setting a hand on his head. She ran her fingers through his hair as she replied, "I'm here."