Chapter 2/ The Triwizard Tournament

"Hello dear students!" shouts Dumbledore, "This year the Triwizard Tournament will take place again after a hundred years. And it will be at our school. We will soon be able to welcome the students from the other schools. Durmstrang and Beaubaton."

The students from the other schools come in. First those of Durmstarng. They walk with wooden sticks and tap them on the ground. It seems to impress a lot of girls but not me. Maybe the girls are more impressed that Viktor Krum is there. The Seeker of the Bulgarian national team. 

Then the students from Beaubaton come. The boys are more likely to look at them. Blaise too. Then Pansy hits him lightly. The two have been together for 6 months.

I laugh when I see this. Then I look across the hall and see Potter's friend Weaselbee. He looks at one of the girls and I see water running out of his mouth. I turn away, disgusted.

When all the students have arrived we have to stand up and sing the Hogwarts Hymne. I hate singing so I just stay seated. But my father then gives me a stern look and I get up instead. But I still don't sing.

Dumbledore then says "Those who want to take part in the tournament have time until next week to throw their pieces of paper into the Goblet of Fire. Please note that only students aged seventeen and over are allowed to take part."

Then the food appears on our plates and we start eating.

>>>>>>>>>>

A week later before dinner, Dumbledore announces "The Goblet of Fire will now proclaim the champions." 

The first piece of paper is spit out and Dumbledore says "The champion for Hogwarts is Cedric Diggory!" the hall cheers. 

Then the second piece of paper is spit out. "The champion for Beaubaton is Fleur Delacour!" shouts Dumbledore.

And then the last piece of paper is spit out. The one for Durmstrang "Viktor Krum!" shouts Dumbledore.

The participants are sent to a room next to the great hall and Dumbledore is just on his way to go into the room when the Goblet of Fire spits out a fourth piece of paper. Dumbledore looks confused, as does pretty much everyone in the great Hall. Then he catches the note and shouts "Harry Potter!" nobody reacts. He calls out "Harry Potter" again! Slowly all eyes turn to Potter. 

I say to my friends, "He always just wants to be in the foreground." they agree with me. Then slowly Potter stands up. He also goes into the room next to the great hall.

Then Dumbledore and the rest of the teachers go into the room and we start eating. After dinner we go straight to the common room and gossip a bit about Potter. 

I think it's one of my favorite hobbies.

>>>>>>>>>>

A few weeks later is the first task of the tournament. The champions, which Potter includes now, must take a golden egg from a dragon who is trained to protect the egg.

Krum is first in line. He has to get the egg from a Chinese fireball. He blinds the dragon with a spell and then takes the egg.

Next up is Diggory. He tries to distract the dragon, a Swedish short-snout, with a rock that he turns into a dog and then quickly gets the egg. He escapes before the dragon can attack him.

After him comes Delacour and she has to compete against a Welsh greenie. She uses a spell to put the dragon to sleep and then when she steals the egg, the dragon burns her skirt. That was kind of funny to see.

Last comes Potter. He has to prove himself against a Hungarian Horntail. Of course he puts on the biggest show. He summons his broom with a spell and avoids the dragon's flames. Of course the dragon then hurts Potter. I say sarcastically "Oh, poor little Potter boy got hurt." and then we start laughing. Unfortunately, he still manages to take the egg. With this the task ended.

>>>>>>>>>>

"Do you already have someone you're going to the Yule Ball with?" Pansy asks me as we sit in our dorm at lunchtime on a Saturday.

"No not yet, you're going with Blaise aren't you?"

Pansy nods "Hasn't anyone asked you yet?"

"Mclaggen asked me, but I think he asks every girl in the entire school."

Pansy says "I think Theodore is going to ask you. I have a feeling he's into you."

"Well, then I'll wait until he asks me. I think I'm a bit into him too."

"And you're just telling me that now?!" Pansy says, throwing a pillow from her bed at me.

>>>>>>>>>>

I'm sitting in the common room and I'm about to leave when someone grabs my wrist. 

I turn around and see Theodore.

"Hi, Rose, I wanted to talk to you for a moment." he says shyly.

"Okay," I say and follow him to an empty corner of the common room.

"So, maybe you want to go to the Yule Ball with me?"

I pretend to think for a moment. I have no idea why I did that and then I answer "Yes, I'd be happy Theo."

"Okay thanks." he says happily and then leaves again. 

I quickly run to my dorm and squeak "Pansy, I'm going to the Yule Ball with Theodore!"

She is happy for me.

>>>>>>>>>>

Pansy and I are going to Hogsmead to choose two beautiful dresses for the Yule Ball.

We go to a store that has very nice clothes.

"Have a look." Pansy says, lifting up a green knee-length dress. It has gold decorations on it.

I say "That surely looks beautiful on you Pansy."

She goes into the changing room while I'm still looking for a dress. I see one what is black and floor-length. It has silver decorations and a silver belt. When I see it I immediately fall in love with it.

Pansy is just coming out of the changing room to show me her dress.

I say "Wow, Pansy, that's beautiful." and then show her my dress, which I then try on straight away.

When I come out of the changing room I present my dress to Pansy.

She says "This is perfect. Theodore will love it."We choose matching jewelry and shoes for the dresses and then pay for them.

"Come on, let's go to the Three Broomsticks for a bit and eat something." Pansy suggests. 

I agree.

Tom and Mattheo walk towards us on the way.

"What are you doing?" Tom asks.

"We were just about to go to the Three Broomsticks for something to eat." I answer.

Then Mattheo and Tom come along. We sit at a table for four and eat something. Then we go back to Hogwarts. 

It's slowly getting dark.