Chapter 6/My bad half

"Yes, come in. And I see you brought Mattheo with you."

I walk into the room and see the Dark Lord and Bellatrix sitting there. I sat down on a chair next to Mattheo.

"So, Rose. We wished for you because we need to tell you something."

I look unbelieving.

"You're special Rose. You are an ninety-nine percent half-blooded witch but there's another one percent, deep inside, and with that one percent you're not a witch." says Bellatrix.

"What am I with this one percent?" I ask even more confused.

"You're a vampire." she says.

I look at her in disbelief.

"What? I can't be a vampire. I see my reflection in the mirror, I can eat garlic, I don't drink blood, I can go out during the day without any problems and my injuries don't heal quickly."I reply.

"That's true. I said that you are only a very small part of a vampire and that only deep inside you."

I look at her questioningly.

The Dark Lord then says "We will try to enlarge this little piece of vampire. It will help us greatly in the fight."

"But I still want to be able to do everything that I can do as a witch." 

"We will train the vampire in you so that you can control it yourself and control when you become a vampire." says Bellatrix.

"Then aren't there any other restrictions?" I ask hopefully.

"No restrictions, but there is a catch. In order to become a vampire or to train your vampire part, you have to drink human blood."

"What b-u-but I can't do that." I stutter, horrified.

"Think about it. You can go, Mattheo please stay here." the Dark Lord orders.

I walk out of the room and back into my room. Half an eternity later, Mattheo comes and says "He won't take no for an answer, Rose. I tried but he says he won't take it."

"And what if I say no?"

"He'll kill you." says Mattheo with a trembling voice.

"I think I'll just sleep over it for another night. So goodnight, Mattheo."

"Goodnight Rose and take care of you."

Mattheo leaves the room and I fall asleep. 

The next morning I wake up and feel like I just have to tell the Dark Lord. Just saying that I don't want to become a real vampire. I don't think he would kill me. According to him, I'm important for the fight. 

So I get dressed and go find the Dark Lord. I find him in a slightly smaller room. 

I enter.

"Have you decided Rose?" he asks.

"Yes, I won't do the training. I don't want to drink human blood!"

"Really? I'm sure my son told you what will happen if you say no."

"Yes, that's what he told me. But well, then  just kill me." I say flippantly.

I don't know how I suddenly managed to have so much courage in front of the Dark Lord, but at that moment I see him pointing his wand at me.

He says "Avada-" from now on everything happens very quickly. Tom comes in, "-Ked-" he realizes that the dark lord wants to kill me and jumps in front of me, "-avra!"And then it happens. 

Tom falls to the floor in front of my eyes. I kneel down and touch him. I touch his cold lifeless body. Tears start streaming down my cheeks. I scream "NO! NO! HE CAN'T, He can't be dead!"

"Yes he can. And I think that's enough punishment for you. Next time think twice about saying no." and with these words the Dark Lord leaves the room. He's not the least bit sad that his son just died.

I keep crying. My tears fall on Tom's dead body. I just can't realize it. I can't believe that just happened. No. The last thing Tom did was protect me. He sacrificed himself for me and I can never repay him.I keep crying and hear someone coming from behind. 

He says "What happened?"I do not answer. I don't turn around either. I just keep crying. Then Mattheo kneels down next to me, he looks at Tom and I see tears dripping from his eyes too.

"He's dead, right?" he asks sadly.

I nod.

"Why? Why did this happen?"

I'll explain everything to him. 

Then he shouts "Snape, do you know how fucking stupid it was for you to go to my father without thinking about it and tell him no! You can't imagine how worried I was about you! And then you decide just to say no? I told you yesterday what was going to happen! You haven't even tried to find another solution! I don't want you to ever do something so fucking stupid again!"

I can't listen to him, every letter he screams is like a stab in my heart. I have never felt so much pain. 

Then I sobbed "I know it was stupid Mattheo!" and run out of the room.

>>>>>>>>>>

I've been sitting in my room crying for a while now and then Mattheo comes in. I turn away from him.

"Rose, I'm sorry for yelling at you. It was wrong of me."

"No, it wasn't. It's my fault that Tom died. If I hadn't done that, nothing would have happened." I sob.

"It's not your fault, my father cast the curse. It was carried out with 'his' wand."

"But, it's my fault!"

"No, it's not your damn fault, Rose." he tries to persuade me.

We keep arguing about it, then I realize it's not my fault, not completely.

Then we tell the others about what happened. Nobody is mad at me but everyone is understandably shocked that Tom was killed by his own father.

I start crying again. Mattheo hugs me and then we look into each other's eyes. I've never noticed how dark they are. Not black. More of a very, very dark brown. And then it happens. Our lips meet in a tender kiss. In front of others' eyes.

I hear Pansy say "Yes, sweetie!" 

And I hear an "Aww" from the others. We break away after a while. After a too quick while.

"I love you, Rose." Mattheo says.

"I love you too!" I say in embarrassment.