Chapter 7/The Training

It's midnight. I'm on my way to the Malfoy's front yard to train. I have now decided to do so. I don't want any of my friends to die. Even if people now have to die but my friends are more important to me.

"How's the training going?" I ask.

"First you'll try to see if you can find the vampire in you even in your thoughts." says the Dark Lord.

"How to try?"

"Just try it!"

So I close my eyes and try to find the 'vampire' inside me. I look for him and stand there with my eyes closed for easily ten minutes. Then I open it again and say "I can't find anything  My Lord."

"Then let's try something different. Wormtail!" calls he.

I don't know what it would be. Somehow I'm getting scared. Then Wormtail comes into the front yard with a Muggle. I see the fear in the Muggle's eyes.

"You'll try to suck the blood. From what I know, that's how the vampire spreads."

"No, I won't do that!"I see Wormtail take Pansy and the Dark Lord point his wand at her. 

"Are you going to do it now?"

Then I nod. I can't let my best friend die.

I approach the muggle. I see the fear in his eyes getting bigger and bigger. Then I bite. I feel my front teeth growing. The vampire part I think. I hear the muggle screaming. I want to stop but I can't. The blood tastes too delicious, much too delicious. Then the muggle falls over. I pull my teeth out of him again and they shrink. 

I wipe the blood from my mouth and kneel next to the muggle. I hope he's still alive but his heart doesn't beat anymore. I just killed an innocent person.

"That's it for today. You can go back inside with Pansy." hisses the Dark Lord.

On the way in I start to cry. "Pansy, what have I done? I killed an innocent person."

"No Rose, you had no choice. There's nothing you can do about it." 

In my room I look in the mirror. I see my clothes, they are soaked in blood and there is something dripping down my chin. Then I go into the shower and wash myself. 

>>>>>>>>>>

I'm standing there, it's midnight again. I've been training every day for two weeks now. 

Today it's happening for the first time. When I enter the night air and try once again to look for the vampire in me, it comes out. Without me having to kill anyone. I must have killed twenty innocent people in the last few days. 

I'm looking for the vampire and then I notice how my teeth are growing without me doing anything. I look into a puddle on the ground and see nothing. No reflection. The Dark Lord cuts me with a spell and it doesn't hurt. I look at the spot and only see some blood which dissappears fast. I'm happy, I know that I don't have to kill anyone anymore. 

Then the Dark Lord says "Well, you can now become a vampire but you have to train it during the day, you have to train to be able to transform during the day too. We'll meet here again tomorrow at noon."

>>>>>>>>>>

I'm standing outside in the front yard again at midday. 

I try to transform again and it works but it burns my skin. I quickly transform back.

"You have to try to become only half a vampire. The half you can attack with. Not the vulnerable half."