Chapter 4/ The Dark Lord rises

"Dad, what happened?" I say as I see my father walk into the common room with a pale face.

"The Dark Lord, he rises. Please take care and enjoy the rest of your school year. I'm not sure if you will become Death Eaters or not." he says, gasping for air.

"What?!" I look at him in shock, "We're going to be Death Eaters?"

"Maybe I do not know and I hope not."

We all look at my father in shock. 

I don't want to become a Death Eater, I don't. I'm afraid of having to kill someone, of losing someone I love. I do not want it. I don't want to have to walk around with the dark mark on my forearm for the rest of my life. No, the Dark Lord cannot rise. It just can't be.

"Rose, Rose, ROSE!" I am torn from my thoughts again.

"W-w-what is it?" I ask."Your father said that the Dark Lord will stay hidden as long as he can. As long as he stays hidden, your father says none of us will become a Death Eater." Blaise explains.

I try to act relieved but I can't. Sooner or later we will become Death Eaters. We are all just fourteen years old and have to live in fear of serving a lord who kills people for no reason.

"TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE!" I scream.

"What? I didn't do anything." he defends himself.

"I notice when you try to read my mind!"

"Why do you always suspect me? You know that Mattheo can read minds too."

"Yes, I know that, but I also know that he wouldn't do that, not voluntarily!"

"Yes, well then I just read your thoughts but I can nothing for it it if you think badly about my father."

"You're also afraid that he'll come back! You know exactly that you, like the rest of us, don't want to become a Death Eater!" I take a short break and then continue yelling "You can be such an asshole Riddle!"

Then I get up and run to my dorm. Pansy runs after me.

"Rose, why are you suddenly so, so angry, you're not normally like that. What happened?"

I grabbed my head and sat down on my bed in despair.

"I don't know, Pansy. I was just mad because Tom wanted to read my mind and then I kind of completely freaked out." I stop and think about it again for a moment. "Oh shit, do you think the other students heard the conversation?"

"No, I don't think so. The walls are soundproofed with a spell." Pansy replies.

Then there is a knock on the door. Pansy opens it and I turn away.

"Rose, I'm sorry. It was wrong of me to try to read your mind. How can I make it up to you?" says Tom.

"You can't fix it. Everything is broken. My whole life is destroyed. But it's not your fault." I sobbed.

Tom sits down next to me on my bed and puts his arm around me.

>>>>>>>>>>

We sit in the big hall. The fifth school year has just begun. First we eat the feast that is on the table in front of us and then Dumbledore says "I ask for your attention for a moment. The first years should know that the forest on the castle grounds is forbidden for students. Mister Filch, the caretaker, also liked me he says for the four hundred and sixty-second time asked to remind you that magic is not allowed in the hallways between classes. As are a few other things on a list that you can read on Mr. Filch's office door. Now we come to the changes in the Staff. Professor Grubbly-Plank will be taking care of the magical creatures again this year. The new teacher for Defense against the dark arts is Professor Umbridge. The selection games for the Quidditsch teams will take place on-" he stops and you can hear a clear throat clearing from the new one Teacher Professor Umbridge.