Chapter 5

I stood in the doorway waiting for an answer. "Sarah told me she was coming over here," he said shuffling his feet.

" Well...she's not here. Maybe you should call or text her."

" I did, but she isn't answering. She forgot her watch. I thought it might be important. I didn't know if I was going to ever see heer again," he said handing me her watch.

" Thanks. I will make sure she gets it."

   Usually that sentence is a hint that it is time for him to say goodbye and leave. Instead of taking that hint he just stood there staring deep into my eyes, like he was trying to see into my soul. My eyes caught a tall dark figure slowly approaching behind Zak. " Am I interrupting something?" he asked stepping into the light. There stood Jacob dressed in a very form fitting white long sleeve button up shirt and a black pair of dress pants. Of course he had the black dress shoes to match.

" No, Zak was just dropping off Sarah's watch. She left it at his place. Are you ready?" I said in all one big breath. Zak glared at me, took a couple of steps back, turned and left.

"Yes and you look amazingly beautiful," he replied grabbing my hand and kissing it. His kiss sent chills up my arm. I blushed at the thought of his lips touching my skin. I noticed I was biting my lower lip. I do that when I get nervous.  "I still need to grab my stuff," I said softly.

"Okay. I will wait for you at the car." He turned and walked away.  I went and grabbed my purse from the couch, double checked to make sure everything was turned off and went to lock the door behind me. My hands were so shaky I kept missing the lock. Alright Andrea, stop this. It's not like you have never been on a date. I have been on a lot of dates, just none with a guy so perfect. Walking to the car I noticed Jacob standing on the passesnger side of his black Dodge charger.The windows were tinted and it was as clean as a whistle. I walked over to him and smiled. " I'm think I'm ready now."

  Without saying a word he opened up my door for me. What a gentleman. " Thank you," I said blushing.

"Your welcome," he replied back smiling, realizing that he made me blush.  I looked around and this car had everything. A navigation system, heated seats, pretty much the works. The inside was just as spotless as the outside. Once he was in the car, he reached in the back seat and pulled out a single yellow rose with yellow and white ribbon around the stem. I was in complete awe and was speechless. " I know it's not much, but I wanted to say sorry for breaking your sunglasses earlier today," he said softly staring into my eyes.

"Thanks. That is very sweet and yellow roses are my favorite," I said sweetly.

"I am taking you to Olive Garden. Does that sound good?" Still speechless from what had just happened, I nodded my head yes and we were on our way.

  At the restaurant he opened my door for me. I could definitely get used to this. Once I was out of the car he grabbed my hand and we went inside to get a table. The waiter seated us into a secluded area. It was quite romantic. I ordered the chicken alfredo with an ice tea and he had the chicken scampi with a water. We talked and got to know each other better. Come to find out we had a lot in common. We both loved to read and listen to the same music. The beach was our favorite place to be when we were relaxing. This date was going smoothly. After we were done eating, we stayed and talked until it was time for the restaurant to close. Walking outside he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. I looked up at him and smiled. I felt comfortable and safe. Once we got to the car I knew the night was almost over. On the way home he reached over and held my hand. I sat back and enjoyed every minute of it.

 Once back at my house, we stood at the front door. I didn't want this night to end. I had to think of something and quick. I looked at him and asked," Do you want to take a walk on the beach?"

" Sure," he said with a suprised look on his face. I unlocked the door, turned on the lights and invited him in. The only way to get to the beach was to go through the house. I grabbed his hand and led him to the back door. Before walking out onto the beach I slipped my shoes off and so did he. I loved the feeling of the sand between my toes and on my feet. I was home. I walked ahead of him to the waters edge. The moon shining on the waves, the stars shimmering in the sky. It was a bit breezy and I got a little chilled. He came up behind and wrapped his warm arms around me.  "Is that better?" he whispered in my ear. "Yes. I had a great time tonight," I said softly.

" Me too. I had a lot of fun. Would you like to do it again?"

I turned around so I was facing him. I slowly looked up into his dark chocolate eyes. " You know you have the most amazing eyes I have ever seen," I said.

He chuckled and said," And did you know you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

I blushed and looked away. He put his left hand in the small of my back and pulled me close. I felt every muscle in his body as I ran my hand down his back.  Grabbing my chin with his right hand, he pulled my face up to his. Closing our eyes we both slowly leaned in. Feeling his breath on my lips made them tingle and my heart race. This was the moment that would decide our fate. As out lips were about to touch his cell phone rang. Sighing he let go of me and pulled out his cell. "I'm sorry its my mom. She needs me to do something at the house. My dad is out of town so she is pretty helpless."

" That's okay," I said playing with my dress. He grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into him again. I buried my head into his chest and took a deep breath of his musky colonge. He pulled away and asked," Will you call me tomorrow?"

" Yes," I said smiling.

He smiled back and replied," Goodnight Andi."

" Goodnight Jake." He turned and ran back to the house. I watched him until I couldn't see him any longer. I turned and stared out to the ocean. Taking a deep breath I looked to the starry night sky and told my dad about the most wonderful day I had.