missed the chance

It was the next day and espresso was still doing his experiments, after 8 espresso's he was WIDE awake. Not talking about the dark eyebags under his eyes .

He checked to make sure that his experiments would work and it actually..worked! He was satisfied and finally stopped , he remembered that he had to go and check on madeleine,  it was 8am so he had time to meet his partner, and then at 10 he had to go to almonds.

He called the hospital to see if you would able to visit him and turns out he was actually out of the hospital now since he recovered. They said he must be training right now , well of course he is a commander what do you expect? As espresso started to clean his lab , since it was a big mess , he kept finding prices of glass and he wondered how he hasn't yet stepped on one of them. Which was quite funny for him.

After he was done , he walked out of the lab and locked the door as he went straight to the place madeleine always trains at , which was at his house , in the  big luxurious garden of his.

____________

Since he was visiting him, he though of buying some of his favourite pastries which were literal plain croissants. He went to a bakery and saw gingerbrave just bubbling about his adventures and he rolled his eyes , as he bought the croissants and walked out then walking to the direction of madeleines Aunts House .

It was surprisingly a normal weather today,  it was in the middle of cold and hot . He walked with a straight posture , and confidence.

He was getting stared at a lot, I mean .. he was from the lower class village so a lot of cookies were staring at him like he killed someone. Though he didn't really cared and continued to walk towards the Aunts House. When he arrived outside,  a couple of light guards came and stopped him ,

"Who are you?"

One of the guards asked , espresso rolled his eyes and hissed back.

"Madeleines boyfriend , Professor Espresso."

They all froze as they quickly moved away and opend the gates nervously, espresso nodded a thanks and walked in  . One of madeleines Aunts was already outside watering the flowers,  until she saw espresso. She smiled brightly and run up to him giving him a tight and strong hug. Almost Choking him.

"Ah my dear is here ! How are you ? Are you here to see madeleine? Oh god your eye bags! Did you sleep? Did you eat?!"

She became concerned really quick when she looked at his tired and miserable face , he smiled nervously , " I'm fine auntie don't worry.. I did eat , and yes I'm here to see madeleine if that's possible?"

"Yes yes! He's behind,  in the garden just practicing his sword techniques."

"Alright then , thank you auntie."

"No worries!"

He waved at her as he walked behind the big mansion and he arrived behind , then started hearing madeleines voice , even heard him laughing , which just was a bit awkward if you think about it.

He finally saw madeleine and walked toward him , arriving behind him .

"Boo."

"Ah? Espresso !"

"Yes h-"

As soon as madeleine turned around he straight went to wrap his hands around him and squeeze him in his hug. Espresso gasped , the bag of pastries falling on the floor. The bag ripped slightly and the smell of the fresh pastry  entered madeleines nose.

He unwrapped his hands and looked at the ground , noticing the bag of pastries.

"Espresso .. did you buy this for me?"