CHAPTER 1

Becky's POV

I was walking in the dark part of the subdivision we just recently moved in.

I don't know why we always move every end of the month but I'm still thankful since they didn't transfer me to a different school.

I always had that main school ever since. In my 17 years of existence I can say that the school had been part of my life.

As I walk I can feel that someone is walking behind me making me nervous.

I turned around to check if someone was there but I didn't see anyone.

I continue walking but still I can feel someone is watching behind so I walk faster than usual until I reach the light post.

But then the light suddenly blinked then a person in a jacket wearing a mask suddenly appeared.

I didn't pay attention to it and just continued walking but then it grabbed my hands pulling me near.

Through the light I can see the person's eyes. It was black but full of emptiness and looks like searching for something.

For a moment I was lost in those eyes not when the person smells my neck and whispered something in my ears.

"We will soon be together, love" it said then in a blink of my eye it disappeared.

And then the light stops blinking. What is wrong with that person?

Was he/she an addict. Really calling me love? But the voice is familiar?

I don't know if it looks like we met before. My thoughts are cut when my phone rings.

I answered it.

"Hello" I said

"Becky! Where are you it's getting late! Should I fetch you?" It was my brother

My whole family was always like that ever since. Too protective.

"Don't worry I'm almost near our house" I Said

"Okay I will wait outside the gate" he said then hang up

Minutes later I reached home and I saw my brother waiting outside.

When he sees me he immediately messes my hair. It was his gesture every time I went home.

"Next time tell me if you're going home late so I can fetch you you know how dangerous these days" he said

Yeah it's on the news. Some women aged 18 and up are missing. No one knows where they are. No clues just like a bubble that pops out and disappears.

I noticed my brother always looked at the moon.

"It's getting nearer" he said

"What's getting nearer?" I asked him curiously

"Your birthday of course. It's getting nearer." He said then smiled

"Yeah and please I don't want a party" I said

They are planning to have a party. I heard them once in the living room.

I'm not a fan of big gatherings and I only have one friend to invite.

Speaking of Liane she texted me.

"Let's have some bonding tomorrow becca~"

Liane has been my best friend ever since. We were classmates but we decided to take different paths in college.

I texted her back to just meet me in our favorite place in the university.

The two of us only knew about it since it was where we started to be best friends.

As we went into the house I found mom busy cooking our dinner. Dad wasn't here already since he's working in a known company.

He's a manager there. I still don't know how we manage changing house every end of the month but at least our family is happy and complete.

"Hi mom!" I said and kissed her cheeks

"Oh our princess is home and why are late?" Mom asked

Well I usually get home by 6pm but now it's almost 8 pm. I had been busy reading some articles in the library and didn't notice the time.

"I'm carried away from reading in the school library mom and there's this weird person who I encountered earlier and he's kinda weird he said that we will soon be together" I said while eating the apple I grabbed from the table.

"Becca why won't you go upstairs and change clothes" my brother said looking serious.

Is there something wrong?

I just shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs. That's weird..

********************Thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨

Photos are not mine giving the credits to the rightful owner.