CHAPTER 20

Freen's POV

After dinner I talked with Richard. We excuse ourselves from Becky and mom. I want to know more about the witch clan. On what they are into.

I asked the maid to bring us some wine while we talked. After all he's my mate's brother.

"You I don't really want you for my sister but thank you for letting her in." He said

Yeah he didn't want me to bother her sister at first. He even banned me in there house so I can only talk to his mom.

That's why he worked cause he doesn't want to get any support from me but still I insist to protect them even instructed some man to guard them.

"You don't have to thank me it's my responsibility as her mate" I said

"The witches are probably making plans now on how to get rid of you." He said

I don't know what they want from me?

"The antidote that your father is working for, they will use it to reincarnate the most powerful witch in their clan." He said

"The most powerful witch meaning it's my aunt." I said

Why do they want to reincarnate her? They are bringing destruction. Aunt should never be awakened again. We never knew what she would do this time.

"Yeah that's why they held us captive. They want to use Becky's body where your aunt will reincarnate" he said

"No I won't let them do that to Becky. I will kill them" I said

I won't let them touch Becky. Over my dead body..

"Please protect Becky at all cost, freen." He said looking at me seriously

"You don't have to say it. I will protect her with my life" I said

"Okay then it's a deal between us. Anything happens please look after her" he said mysteriously

After that deep talk between us I told him to rest since we don't know when the witches will attack.

He needs to rest and restore his strength.especially, he's human and not immortal like us.

As I went back to our room I found Becky brushing her hair. Her scent was present in the whole room making me addicted to it.

But I stopped myself. I don't want her to be scared of me again.

She looks back at me and speaks.

"Why won't you go in? Mosquitoes may come in Freen. I don't want another one sucking my blood" she said then laughed

Now she's joking so I just came in and closed the door. I quickly go to the bathroom to take a bath or else Becky will end as my prey.

After taking a bath I go near our bed and lay down beside her. She's sleeping already.

I grab my book on the side table which I read before sleeping.

"Thank you.." she said then kissed my cheeks.

I instantly blush and my heart pumps faster than normal. I thought she was sleeping but I was wrong.

And did she really kiss me? I thought she was still angry with me.

Those cute gestures of her make my heart jump out. After that she immediately turned around.

What's with you Becky. I heard her thoughts kinda cute she's arguing with herself about what she did.

I laughed and then she look at me with sharps eyes.

"Stop messing with my mind ms. Vampire" she said then rolled up her eyes on me.

"I'm sorry but I'm not a child to be kissed in cheeks" I said then I grabe her near me.

I lean closer and kissed her in her lips. Sweet.

*******************

Thanks for reading this chapter ✨