Family...?

"Family" usually means a group of people, who are related to each other by blood or by other circumstances, support and live together. Although, sometimes this word is used as an interpretation of a situation, when completely different individuals live under the same roof.
That's why not all "Families" are families. People may look or act similar, but have no relation to each other at all whatsoever.
The reasons may be different, but if the end goal is to be together, they don't really matter.

[Rena and Gri's room...]

Rena: (Forms her silk into a false nail)

Gri: (Shocked and impressed) This. Is. Cool! Why did you never tell me you could do that?

Rena: (Put nail out of silk next to other ones) Grinch asked me once if I could shape my silk into something and...I kind of...just did it.

Gri: (Turned to Rena, smirking) Really?

Rena: (Annoyedly looked at Gri) What...?

Gri: (Looked the other way) I don't know~ Could've figure this stuff out yourself, but the moment Grinch asked you, you a go all out.

Rena: (Looks embarrassed and starts pouting) Like you never help... (Makes quotation marks) Grinch with outfit problems, when he draw.

Gri: (Embarrassed and pouts) So what...?

Rena and Gri: (Stare daggers at each other) Pffftt... (Burst into laughter)

Gri: (Wipes a tear off her eyes) Okay, I admit it. I might be exaggerating a little bit when Grinch asks me to help him out with drawing clothes.

Rena: (Holds to her stomach) Yeah, me too... The look in his eyes really makes me want to try my best to show him what I can do.

Gri: I didn't see you try so hard, when you were playing that game with G.

Rena: He wanted to play together to have fun. And I did have lots fun, thank you very much. What you thought? You didn't seem interested in the show you were watching with Greg.

Gri: I was...it's just... The show confused me... The space guardians, monsters and...ice cream. For some reason, but I'm sure it's important.  Hey, what was game with an old man with an axe and calls his son "Boy" all the time. It was like a really emotional movie.

Rena: I still can't wrap my head around that show about a boy, magic dog and snow king. Don't wanna even dress up like princess...

Gri: Wrinkled and blue, that obsessed with princess and wants to marry them and stuff...? Oh, boi... I didn't like that bubblegum chick.

Rena: Oh, sweet monarch... G said she's smart. She seemed suspicious, zombies of all things...

Gri: Grinch said lots of ominous gonna happen. The show has 10 seasons...

  Rena and Gri went on and on about the things they did together with their "Brothers".