A friend called Max

Everybody needs a friend and everyone has one, whether they know, like, or hate it. The peculiarities of human nature are innumerable, and friendship is one of them.

[Kitchen...]

Grinch: So... Necromancer, who wishes to live forever and would do anything for it...right, Max?

Max: (Too deep into reading DnD rules) Yup.

Grinch: (Annoyed) OK, done signing you up for a vasectomy next week. Are you sure about that? Hope you talked about it with your girlfriend, cause you'll blue ball not only you but her too.

Max: (Looked at Grinch with a lot of concern) What do my balls, even remotely, have to do with my girlfriend...? Dude, weird...

Grinch: (Emotionless expression) Welcome back to the realm you were bound to an entity beyond its habitants' comprehension, which is their own fault.

Max: Oh, will that be in a campaign?

Grinch: (Sarcastic "magical" hand movements) Yeah, I've cast "Sarcasm" with my bonus action, while I was using "Shock".

Max: (Dead serious) There are spells like that?

Grinch: Dude, I thought that I was a weird nerd.

[Living room...]

Gri and Rena: (Observe Grinch and Max)

Gri: Man, no wonder these two are best friends... Whatever they talk about, they manage to stay on the same topic but still talk about totally unrelated things.

Rena: It's fascinating how they use terms made, specifically, for Dungeons and Dragons. The amount of passion and interest is disproportionate to the amount of time passed.

Gri: (Turned to Rena with an annoyed expression)

Rena: (Looked at Gri) Something's wrong...?

Gri's thoughts: You're one to talk...

Grinch: (Shouts from the kitchen) Girls! Hungry? We're ordering sushi. They have pizza too, if you don't feel fishy at the moment.

Gri: Pfft... (Starts giggling, covers her mouth) Why does he say it like that...?

Rena: (Shouts in response to Grinch) Fish!

Grinch: Eel? Salmon? Oh, grilled ones are on sale!

Gri: (Holds her sides and still laughing) Ow...

Rena: Grilled sounds interesting. (Turns to Gri) What are your thoughts about it, Gri?

[Kitchen...]

Grinch: (Still facing the laptop monitor)

Max: (Looks at Gri with concern) Is she ok...?

Grinch: Must be something I said. Oh, coupon on the next double set order.

Max: I'm not sure this much fish is a good idea...

Grinch: (Browsing the options for the coupon) G and Greg will finish the rest.

Rena: (Shouts from the living room) Grilled! Gri is fine with whatever! Do they have Cola?

Grinch: (Shouts to Rena) Got it! Fish it is! (Mumbling to himself) Hell with their drinks... I'll just go buy us some Cola.

Max: You sure?

Grinch: I'll just use the DM privilege on the next meet-up for a test campaign.

Max: You have the whole campaign already...?

Grinch: Hell no. Remember the last time how did our last campaign go? (Inserting card info)

Max: A mess. Was fun in the end.

Rena: (shouts) Should I go buy soft drinks?

Grinch: (Shouts) Hold on, I'll go with you! (Turned to Max) Gestalt Rules. (Stood up) Wait for me, Rena.

Gri: (Sat at Grinch's spot, reading DM notes) You sure do know your stuff.

Max: What were you laughing at...?

Gri: (Imitates Grinch and Rena) "Fish!?" "Cola!" (Giggles) I don't know...

Max: So...

Gri: DM journal is for DM only, Mister Wiz.

Max: Rats...

Gri: Just try not to kill yourself with a window frame like last time.

Max: The digital dice are rigged.

Gri: Everything in DnD is rigged but somehow feels as if everything was spontaneous for real.

Max: That's the magic.

Gri: Mind if I look at the sheet Grinch made?

Max: I practically basically paid the guy to make the entire character for me.

Gri: Intellectual property and stuff?

Max: Yeah. Dude knows his stuff.

Gri: How did you two become friends?

Max: It just somehow happened by itself.

Gri: Video games?

Max: Same thing.

Gri: DnD and DM role?

Max: I asked him, and he agreed. You guys?

Gri: His brothers and sisters.

Max: Even the little spider?

Gri: You forgot about G and Greg.

Max: Just decided not to dig into it.

Gri: How come Rena concerns you?

Max: Grinch's arachnophobia.

Gri: She doesn't like spiders herself.

Max: Isn't that ironic.