4. Dosheeza the devil

Warning- Religious elements (nothing serious though)

The next morning, I woke up still in the hollow tree with the moss bed. Takami said he would take care of my application and search for an apartment near the school today, making it seem like he didn't even think of the possibility that I would fail the entrance exams, of course I wouldn't, but still, how would he know? Maybe he was just like that, with how nonchalant he had seemed yesterday.

"N/n, that man, Takami..." Doshi began, she had a pondering expression on her face.

"Yeah?"

"He made you feel understood, right?"

"... Yeah. He did."

"I'm glad for you", Doshi turned to me with that sweet and caring smile that never seemed to really suit that face of hers, yet it came from the depths of her heart.

"Thank you Doshi", I loved Doshi as my best friend and companion for life, so hearing that she was glad for me, warmed my heart. Yet it sank when I thought about how she wouldn't be able to meet anyone that she could talk to, at least not before receiving her divine powers.

Dosheeza Evermore. She was a cheerful, eccentric, and mischievous spirit. She didn't deserve to be as isolated as she was. Yet, as if being a spirit invisible to the human eye wasn't enough, she was so feared by other spirits that she would repel any within the reach of the eye. That was the reason I have never seen any other spirits than Doshi, even with a quirk that lets me see lost spirits. Doshi was the first being I saw after activating my quirk for the first time. I chuckled when I remembered how annoying I thought she was the first few months. Doshi had just been ranting non-stop about how exciting it was to finally being able to speak to me. At that time, I was still deeply traumatized and depressed by the sudden separation from my family and my world, so I couldn't respond to her with the same attitude. The only thing she told me at first, was that she was my companion, that I would have to live with her for the rest of my life, and that was because of my quirk.

Years and dimensions passed, and I learned from Doshi, that had been slowly opening up, that I had a quirk that was given to me by mistake from a certain newly appointed deity. It was a power that was never meant to be given to a mortal, the drawback being that I was completely unable to control it. This deity had made such a huge slip-up that she needed help covering it up. She ended up seeking help from one of the most ever feared spirits, that was just about to cross to the underworld. That spirit, the deity thought, could stay by the human, and scare all the other spirits away. That way, no-one would ever come to know that a mere mortal had divine power, it was the perfect plan! But how would the spirit agree to the deity's request? Well, she would offer her divine power of course! Divine power was basically power that was able to shape and form the course of fate, who wouldn't want it! The deity was, as anyone could probably understand, not very bright. Had anyone known she was about to promise a soon-to-be high-rank noble of the underworld divine power, she would've been stripped off her position on the spot. However, the deity failed to see how this was a problem, and so proceeded to give the spirit an offer she could not refuse. She promised the spirit the divine power the human child had gotten, if she agreed to being tied to her soul until she died and passed to the spiritual world. She said that the human could only really die on Earth and that it was crucial that no other spirit ever got near them. The spirit, ecstatic, accepted, knowing that any divine power, no matter how lowly, would still be more powerful than any demonic power she would receive in hell. After tying her soul to that of the human child, the spirit hid their identity, still keeping their overwhelming, unapproachable aura, and never showed up to the gates of hell. Satan was, of course, furious at whoever had stolen his daughter away from him. The clumsy deity was never suspected though, throughout the little war that broke out between heaven and hell.