14. Quirk assessment test

Expulsion?! Sure, I had no idea what to expect from high school here, but this certainly wasn't it. Maybe this was normal though. I looked around. Some were nervous, others determined, others amused, and some were unfazed. I looked at Aizawa. He was deadly serious. Oh well, let's not get expulsed!

The first test was a 50-meter dash. I observed as the others before me went. Iida had some sort of engines on his legs, and the frog looking girl had a... well, froglike quirk. After those two, a guy with a tail went with Uraraka, and I still didn't know what her quirk was. After them it was my turn.

I went up to the starting line along with a sparkling, purple-eyed blonde. Speed was one of the strengths of my phoenix wings, so no need to go easy on him here. I pulled out a pair of small wings from my back, not wanting to burn him since he was so close, and waited for the robot to give the starting signal. The boy started his monolog about creativity and whatnot.

"On your marks..."

"Get set..."

PANG!

I launched myself forward and flew all the way to the finish line.

"1.23 seconds."

Denki and the others came up to me.

"Wow that was awesome Y/n! Now that I think about it, it's the first time I see you use your quirk!" Denki said.

"Thanks Denki! I look forward to seeing yours as well!" I smiled. Then Mina tapped me on my shoulder and pointed at my back.

"Hey, Y/n, the back of your uniform is all burnt."

I placed my hand on my back, and I felt that there was a hole there indeed. At least it was only my back.

"Ugh, this is why I only wear backless." I grunted. The others laughed.

I swear I felt a weird gaze on me, but I shrugged it off.

---

Next was the grip strength test. I tried to get a normal score. 86.1 kilograms.

---

The third test was standing long jump. I flew over the whole thing.

---

Fourth test: Repeated side steps. I got above average.

---

The fifth test was the ball throw, the one the hothead had done at the beginning. I was first and threw the ball normally, so that it landed on 89.9 meters. After me was Uraraka, she smiled at me and went to the circle. I was still embarrassed about the whole cosplay thing but managed to smile back at her and give her a thumbs up. When she threw, the ball just floated higher and higher, until it was out of sight. Aizawa's device beeped, showing an infinity symbol.

"Infinity?!" Everyone gasped.

Then it clicked. I hit the palm of my hand with my fist and smiled. A gravity quirk! That had to be it! That would explain why it seemed like she was floating earlier in the standing long jump too!

"Midoriya. Your turn." Aizawa called out.

The broccoli- I mean, Midoriya, looked really nervous. I understood him though, he hadn't used his quirk for the whole test, and at this rate, he was close to last. His quirk must not have had any use in any of the tests, which strengthened my theory of him having a healing quirk of some sort. The tests were unfair. Quirks are different, and have different uses, therefore, ranking them with a test of physical power was not the best way to grade their potential.

"It doesn't look good for Midoriya if he continues like this." Iida said.

"Huh? Of course not. He's a quirkless small fry, you know!" Bakugo responded, and I snapped my head towards them. Quirkless?! How would he even gotten in, in that case?!