13. New start

During the next two months, not much happened, and I was starved for thrill. Occasionally, I would in addition to longer, riskier, night flights, use my Blood Manipulation quirk to fasten my blood circulation, to imitate the thrilling feeling I was so starved for.

Other than that, life was good. It was honestly scary how normal it was. I met up with Keigo from time to time, and I hung out with Denki at an arcade once too. I still felt a little awkward and overly excited sometimes when I talked to Denki, though I suppose I was good at hiding it. Don't get me wrong, I felt at ease with him, I was just self-conscious about my friend-making skills. I hadn't even tried to befriend someone in ages, literally. Other than that, I didn't do all that much.

At last, the first school day arrived. I wasn't too nervous, to be honest. I tried to remind myself of the bond I had with Keigo, and that reminded me about reminded me of how it shouldn't be too hard to make some real friends.

"Hey, N/n, how do you think school will be?" Doshi asked as I sat on the high chair by the kitchen island, enjoying some sweet syrup pancakes for breakfast.

"I don't know, but I hope I can make any friends. I also hope lessons won't be too boring, and that we get to do something exciting." I said, stuffing my mouth with my ninety-eighth pancake carefully, so that I wouldn't spill syrup on my new uniform.

"Y'know, I'm still surprised that lamebrain got in. He's dumb on another level. Definitely second on the list of idiotic people I know after that fucking bitch. Maybe they don't have such high standards at the shitty school after all."

"Oh c'mon! He may be a little... stupid... But he's lovely! He's funny!" I laughed. I wasn't making fun of him, no... absolutely not...

Then my alarm rang, signaling that it was time to get going. I shoved the rest of the pancakes down my mouth and quickly went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then grabbed my school bag and went outside the house.

************************************************************

The door was gigantic. What was it with this world and oversized things? I liked the vibe though. I was five minutes early, to my surprise. I slid the door open, accidentally crashing it into the wall with a loud THUD. Everyone stopped talking and turned their heads to me. Ops...

"Ehhehe... It looked much heavier than it was..." I said, awkwardly laughing it off.

"Y/N!!!"

An ecstatic blonde engulfed me in a hug, and I patted his back in return.

"Missed me, donkey?" I smirked.

He released me and gasped.

"Why do you insist on calling me that?!" He cried out.

The people that had been talking with him before, snickered at his actions, or at my comment, I wasn't sure. There was an empty seat on the left to Denki's, so of course walked up to it. At the same time I put down my bag, a pink girl with horns, a friendly-looking redhead, and a cute black-haired guy walked up to me and Denki.

"Hiii! I'm Ashido Mina! Just call me Mina! What's your name? Are you Kaminari's friend?" The pink girl asked with a big smile on her lips. Her fast and excited way of talking reminded me of Doshi when she was in a good mood. That alone made me smile a little.

"Hi Mina! I'm L/n Y/n, but y'all can just call me Y/n, I'm not into formalities. And yeah, I guess I'm friends with the donkey." I said. Well, I was still usure about the term friends, but I guessed that's what we were, even if it didn't go that deep on my side, I thought.