9. Operation Friendmaking

I glanced around, trying to find a seemingly approachable person that didn't seem to be busy. My eyes landed on a bright blond beside the fountain around my age that was looking at his phone. He had a black streak in his hair that resembled a lightning bolt and golden eyes. He was pretty, and he seemed friendly, so I walked up to him.

"Excuse me?", I said, hoping to catch his attention.

He turned around and widened his eyes, a bright smile spreading on his lips.

"You're so pretty!", he complimented.

'He's nice!', I thought.

"Thanks! You too!", I smiled back.

He seemed a little taken aback and averted his gaze, scratching the back of his neck while a soft shade of pink tinted his cheeks.

"Ah- uhm thanks!", he chuckled awkwardly.

'Oh, maybe he's shy to compliments? I should probably change the topic.'

"AHAHAHHA THE DORK CAN'T TAKE A COMPLIMENT!", Doshi laughed out.

'Don't make fun of the poor guy!', I thought to her, but still ended up smirking a little, because I'm not gonna lie, it was a little amusing.

"Okay, so I was looking for those bouncing boots that are on the commercials. They're like really big and cool, do you know where I can buy them?"

The boy's eyes widened, and his excited smile was back, as if he hadn't been at all embarrassed just a second ago.

"You mean the Skybound Striders X12?! The ones that just came out?!", he exclaimed.

"Oh yeah! That's what they were called!"

"Duuudeee, I've wanted to buy them but they're so fucking expensive! Yeah, I can show you to the store!"

"Thanks!"

He started leading me in the direction of the store and we made some small talk on the way. I got his name, Kaminari Denki.

"By the way, why are you going around with a shopping cart?", he asked.

"Oh, it was getting tiring carrying all the bags, so I bought it at the supermarket."

"Wow, I didn't know you could do that!", he said, a little impressed.

"Eh... I don't think you should be able to, but I think I kind of bribed them.", I laughed nervously, and he snorted.

Soon after we were at the store, and the employee showed us the boots, and I agreed with Kaminari. They were almost as expensive as the laptop I bought. But I was loaded as hell right now, so it didn't really matter.

"I'll take two pairs.", I said to the employee, and Kaminari looked at me wide-eyed as if he thought I was crazy.

"Alright! I'll take them to the counter!", he responded, taking the two boxes to scan them.

After paying, we walked out of the store, and I placed one of the boxes in the cart. Kaminari was still staring at me.

"Why did you buy two pairs?", he asked.

"One is for you.", I said with a warm smile.

He had been nice to me, and it had been really fun hanging out with him, even for a little while. Even if I couldn't be a hero, I hoped that I could make people happy in any way I could. Besides, according to Keigo, I could spend the money however I wanted to. Might as well brag with my wealth a little. It was funny seeing his shocked reaction.

"H-huh?? A-are you sure?", he asked.

"Yeah."

"B-but these are expensive as fuck!"