15. Combat training

"Close your eyes and take a deep breath, Y/n, make your senses concentrate. Keep your breathing under control and try to locate the QI core within you."

I did as the master said and tried to focus solely on my within. It was hard. I couldn't block all the sounds, all the scents, and all the gentle touches from the morning breeze and the ticklish grass that brushed my bare legs. The waterfall was splattering and creating a sound of a constant, serene, flow of water. Birds chirped, and in the distance, swords clashed, and people chatted. The damp scent of spring flowers that had yet to bloom.

I continued taking deep breaths, trying to gain complete control over my senses. But to no avail. After half an hour I gave up and let out a deep sigh.

"You cannot rush the process, my dear disciple. You have come a long way in just a few months, and I do not doubt you will manage to find your way. Whether that will take a day, or a century, is all up to your soul and the path you decide to take."

"Yes, master." I sighed mentally.

'I don't have that much time, unfortunately. If Doshi is correct, this same pattern is likely to continue on, and I will be gone within half a year. Is this really necessary to begin my sword training?' I thought.

As if he could see what I was thinking, he responded to my thoughts.

"You have already sharpened your senses to near perfection, but remember this, Y/n, only with control will you be able to unleash your potential. The basics are key."

The man then stood up from the grass and turned away, making his long jet-black hair flutter lightly. Half of his hair was put in a bun, held up by his large hairpin, its two long ribbons at each end also following the movements of the man.

"I may be blind, but I can see better that most, Y/n. Whether I will or not be with you, you will find a path right for you."

As he looked back for a moment, I could see the light reflect in his white eyes. He was a walking paradise, a vast of calmness, a realm of hope. Perhaps that was why he was the first one I allowed into my scarred heart after years of aimless, hopeless, wandering through this realm of infinite universes.

*****

After the first school day yesterday, today seemed more normal. Well, for the others in class, since it was ages ago I even attended some sort of school. We had English first period, which was easy thanks to Linguistic tongue, a quirk that allowed me to understand and communicate in any sort of humanoid language. When it was time for lunch I went with Denki, Sero, Kirishima and Mina. We all talked about hero classes and what we thought they would be like, while we stood in line in the cafeteria.

"So, what do you guys think we'll get to do in hero classes?" Mina asked us enthusiastically.

"I wanna see my N/n fucking beat the shit out of every piece of garbage there is!" I internally sighed at Doshi's response.

"I hope we get to fight each other! I want to see how people use their quirks!" Sero said.

"Me too! I'm sure everyone will have really manly quirks!" Kirishima exclaimed.

"What? Manly?" I asked, confused.

"Oh, or womanly! Like, really cool, I mean!" the redhead said, and I nodded, understanding.

"Whatever we do in hero class, I just hope it will be exciting. I'm so restless right now." I said and sighed.

"Same, normal classes are so boring!" Denki complained.