10. A giant's basement

I grabbed the bars on the walls, just in time to not fall on my back. The elevator continued to fall, and even with its glass walls, the only things I could see were stone walls, that we were passing by at an alarming speed. My heartbeat was fast, and the adrenaline rush made the minute-long trip enjoyable.

After what seemed like forever, the elevator abruptly stopped, causing me to hit my head on the hard glass. The doors opened, and I tried to see what was outside, but it was pitch-black, and I couldn't see a thing. Cautiously, I walked out of the elevator, and the lights on the walls turned on, one after another, revealing a huge, and now I mean huge, stone room. It was probably ten times larger than the whole house only in length, and I'm not exaggerating. It was to the point that I could barely see the other end, and the ceiling, yeah, no, I couldn't see the ceiling. The lights didn't reach the top that remained pitch-black.

I was in awe.

I was stuck in place, admiring the gigantic room, before a voice called out for me.

"Hey, N/n, look behind you!", Doshi exclaimed.

I did, and saw a monitor room behind the elevator, separated from the rest of the room by more glass walls. Those were of normal height though, and above them followed more stone. And on that stone wall, right above the monitor room, was something written with white paint: Training ground: Rabbit's Lair.

A training ground?! I had a freaking training ground in my basement?! Now I couldn't help but wonder what kind of friend Keigo had, if they had such a massive training ground below their millionaire mansion, that they named Rabbit's Lair of all things.

Oh well, I wasn't going to drag this on more. I walked into the monitor room, and there were a ton of screens, buttons, and levers. There was also this large computer, that currently showed a red screen with the text: 'Battle opponent: VII'. Nothing else seemed to be on though, except all the monitor screens that showcased the training ground from different angles. Something else on the multiple desks caught my attention though.

On the middle of all the electronics, buttons, etcetera, there was this big, round, red, button the size of the palm of my hand.

There was no way I wouldn't press it.

Was it a good idea? Maybe not. But who cares anyway?

I pressed the button.

As soon as the button clicked, the whole room lit up, and all of the other mechanics went on. A robotic voice from the speakers called out:

"Battle Challenge: Started"

A loud rumble was heard from the other end of the training grounds. I looked up to one of the monitors showing the hidden stone gates open and never-ending waves of robots coming out. Some flew, some ran, and some rolled, but all of them were making their way towards the monitor room.

I chuckled lightly; I was hyped up for this.

It has been a while since I've been able unleash a fair amount of my powers. So those non-living mechanics were very welcomed by me.

I teleported my way out of the monitor room and right above the first wave. I concentrated all of my chi into my foot and drop-kicked one of the robots. The robot was pushed into the stone ground, creating a rather big crater. The strong impact pushed away all of the nearby robots into the walls far away, causing them to also get destroyed. First wave cleared.

The second wave of robots was approaching, and these ones were flying. I extended my wings to a span of nearly twenty meters and heated them up to a few hundred degrees. I wrapped my wings around the many robots, who started melting. After 5 seconds, they were completely gone. Second wave cleared. This was going quite alright.