5. Infiltration Operation

It was 8:54 am and I was now in finally in Musutafu city. I had already bought some nice clothes in Shizuoka, although not without several people walking up to me asking if I was okay. I had bought a pair of cargo pants with lots of pockets, a necessity in my opinion, a big hoodie, and a pair of sneakers. Now I didn't stand out, and I still had some cash left. Oh, and I was still carrying the weird magazine in a little plastic bag. I mean, it would be a waste of money if I threw it away, might as well just read it.

When I was done in Shizuoka city, I had teleported someplace I felt was in the right direction and BOOM! I was in front of Musutafu's Best Soba! I sure am the best! There were more people out at this time, after all, it was a sweet, lovely Sunday.

I wandered around the streets aimlessly for a while, taking in the surroundings. It was a big city, and so far, I hadn't seen any sign of the prestigious high school. Why was I even doing this? Exploring? It was a little exciting to see how Earth had changed, sure, but at the same time, I felt nostalgic. Earth had changed so much. It wasn't just the peace, but also the clean, whole streets, the rolling cars, the calm, happy people. I had missed home so much. But was this even home anymore- NO. STOP. YOU SHOULD BE GLAD IT CHANGED. 300 YEARS AGO, THIS WAS A LIVING HELL.

Right.

I didn't have the right to feel sorry for myself.

I didn't even have a reason to.

I didn't expect Earth to be the same after 300 years anyways.

I snapped out of it. I was here to see the school, right? Then let's go ask someone where it is, I could totally fake being a tourist. Acting is one of my greatest traits after all, ignoring what happened this morning.

"Yeah, you totally embarrassed yourself on that one N/n..."

'Oh shut up'

I pulled up the hood, so that it covered my hair and most of my face. I then imagined some random girl from my travels, that I remembered looked a lot like a European on Earth. She had these round hazel eyes, a mole just above her lip, a somewhat pointy nose, and strawberry-blond mid-length hair. I pulled down the hood again and looked at my reflection in a nearby shop window. Yep. That was her. I didn't change my body though, 'cause that always feels kind of weird and uncomfortable.

I walked up to a man sitting on a bench scrolling on his phone.

"Excuze me?", I said, with a heavy French accent.

The man turned his head towards me, surprised.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes please! Yu know UA High where iz?", I asked, with a big smile.

"Ah, yes, you can take the train there. The station is just around the corner at the end of the street. Are you a tourist?"

"Thank yuh! Yes, I love Japan!", I smiled wide, bowing my head towards the man before saying goodbye and began walking to the station.

Doshi floated out of my head and began walking beside me on the sidewalk.

"Pretty good there! I like that acting of yours, it's useful!", she said holding up both her hands in a thumbs-up.

'It comes with practice I guess', I answered in my head, not wanting others to think I'm crazy for speaking to myself.

And yeah, I had to practice a lot of acting, especially in my early years, when I was still weaker than many. In the variety of worlds and dimensions, I had to be able to act perfectly to avoid suspicion, executions, and tough situations. It was also a great help for gathering information, gaining trust, and getting myself into favourable positions. And I sure was going to put those acting skills to use today.