Chapter XXVII: This Is It

"On the count of three... One, two, three!" The sound of the twins shouting was quite frightening.

"Did it zip all the way up, Adrianne?" I asked concerned at their sudden silence.

"It fits like a glove, Elle. Don't worry." She reassured me. Julianne spun me around and faced me towards a mirror, to take a look at myself finally ready. Not ready for the sight, I gasped and squeezed my eyes shut, thinking it was some kind of illusion.

The dress I had ended up picking put was a crystal-covered corset, silver rhinestones and a lace design beading down to the hem of the dress. It was a dress almost never seen before, especially in the amount of weddings I've attended.

My mother, Carrie, the twins, Collette, Bonnie and Sierra were inside the lobby accompanying me, marveling over the dress and how I looked, but I knew Sierra could see I was spooked out of my mind.

When my father arrived in the golf cart to pick me up, he was about to drive off, when I asked him if Sierra could climb in since I didn't want her to walk much. She sat in the backseat next to me and we waved off the others.

"I can tell you're nervous." She patted my dress gently.

"I'm terrified, Sie." I bit my lip in an urgent despair. "I had nightmares last night, I couldn't sleep. I dreamt that I was about to walk down the aisle and ran off again, but it wasn't Adam waiting for me this time."

"You love Max and he loves you." She cooed.

"Yeah, I thought that with Adam as well, and look how that turned out." I glared at her.

"I understand but you two are married and are doing this to make it more official, that is all." Sierra whispered.

"I... I don't..." My father came to a halt. "We're here." He turned around to smile widely at us. Sierra grinned back but I looked down at my dress, nerves crawling all around me.

"I have to go find Ken. I want to see you make your way down that aisle, you heard me? That's an order, missy." Sierra scolded playfully and made an attempt at hugging me. "Take easy breaths and it'll be over before you know it."

"We have to wait for your mother and your bridesmaids." My father lightly placed his hand on my shoulder. He paused and sighed quietly. "It's the second time around Ellie, I don't want to make that a third."

"Don't start the whole 'he's a great man' talk. I am aware of that, and the last time you told me that, look where it got me. Just drag me down that aisle and help me overcome that nightmare, even if I try to break out and run, don't let me go." I grasped the white bouquet in my hands fiercely to ease the stress.

Carrie and Julianne fixed the final touches on me that were necessary. My mother then took Carrie to her seat next to Craig so the ceremony could begin. The bridesmaids gave me a hug and aligned in their places next to the groomsmen.

The moment the music began, I felt my heart skip a few beats. I took in a giant breath with difficultly due to the dress, but looked around me, clear blue sky, the sun shining brightly on the vast amount of flowers surrounding the venue and the tower in the background, tall and majestic, giving a special touch to the environment. It was all ready, I was the only thing that was needed to complete it.

My father led me out to the aisle and I watched on while the couples made their way in slowly down the long aisle. Then went on in the flower girl, a niece from Craig's deceased wife Jessica's family and the little girl's brother was the ring bearer. The music transitioned slightly to my wedding march and everyone stood up and awaited my entrance. I swallowed hard as I stood at the foot of the aisle, gazing into Max's eyes intently.